RC Enthusiast

Servos not responding normally

I picked up a used revo and it has the Am TX/RX. I test drove it when I bought it and everything was fine. I get home and now nothin but problems. I bypassed the optidrive to eliminate one more problem. When I turn on the RX, all the servos start making noise, and they don't have full throw. The throttle servo just kinda wiggles when I pull the trigger, and the steering servos basically do the same thing. They will not turn the tires what so ever, you just see the slightest movement in the linkage. The shifting servo for reverse doesnt move or make any noise whatsoever. Both the receiver and TX batteries are fully charged, that is the first thing I checked. I swapped the AM setup with the 2.4G setup I have on my slayer, and it still does the same thing. I called TRAXXAS support and they said it sounds like a RX problem, but I don't buy it because it did the same thing when I sawpped to the 2.4G. I checked all connections and all the wires for cracks but they all seem intact, nothing sticks out to me. Is it possible/likely that all 4 servos went out at the exact same time? Any advise what to check next? I tried all servos 1 at a time into the receiver, and still got the same result.

RC Champion
    Do you happen to have any spare servos that you could test the RX with?
    If it has the standard radio, the servos are probably not waterproof, have you gotten the truck wet?
    That could have caused the servos to mess up.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't got it wet at all. I tried the revo servos in my slayer and the acted the same, I then tried my slayer servos in my revo, which work perfectly in my slayer, and they started to wig out. So to me it sounds like I need new servos and rx for the revo. I just don't get how it went from fine to everything went out at once. Is it possible that the rx could corrupt the servos?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I wonder if a freak surge took all the servos out?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.