RC Racer

STOCK e-revo vxl bruhless

I just got the truck and i wandted to get new batteries for longer run time and the e-revo speed out of the truck.
    Also looking for new charger Looking to spend as least as possible
    Just wanting some suggestions on weak point things to look out for .Things that normally break . Also wondering after putting a full charge on your new battery how long after that should you have to charge until run.
    Last edited by e-revoPCB; 02-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.

RC Competitor
    Your title says vxl, did you get the 1/16 or the 1/10 E-Revo? This section is for the 1/10.

RC Racer
    and bruhless lol sorry noob its a 1/16

all good a mod will move it in due time..

Also wondering after putting a full charge on your new battery how long after that should you have to charge until run.

Lipo's I say one day... before they should be ran.... others might say longer. If you are not using the Lipo for a week or better you need to charge or discharge to 3.85v per cell, for storage. I might go a couple of day not a week. The Better you take care of your batts the longer they will last......

Charger.. buy more than what you think you will need saves money in the long run. Upgrading later......GL2U
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    If your staying with the 1/16 a 50 watt charger is fine. Any will do as long as it balances. Look at hyperion, thunder power or duratrax.
    If you plan on moving to the big boys down the road, get something with at least 150 watts/15 amp charging ability.

When I had my 1/16, I broke alot of rear diffs, knuckles, a-arms and axles. I was also very rough on it and ran big heavy tires.

RC Qualifier
    im with Chapinb. when i had my Merv, i ran bigger tires on it for a while and would even go through bulkheads and a couple chassis' as well, since with the stock tires the chassis can hit the dirt, bigger ones it doesnt and tends to break where it gets skinny.

the most fun i ever had with the truck was when i threw on some Nitro 4tec tires and ran it through a dry skatepark... omg was it ever a blast! 20' in the air, land on the nose and keep on keepin on! hahaha

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Love View Post
    Your title says vxl, did you get the 1/16 or the 1/10 E-Revo? This section is for the 1/10.
    Only reason I asked is to make sure you get the right batteries.

RC Racer
    Going to the local hobby shop today going to pick up another stock bat and get them to install pinion in the e-revo .Also going with another stock charger unless he cuts me a deal. Going to get skid plate and maybe street tires

It sucks running for 30 mins then charging for 5-6 hours

RC Racer
    any suggestions?
    Last edited by e-revoPCB; 02-14-2012 at 10:19 AM.

RC Racer
    ordered two 11v lipo batteries a serieas and parrel connector dynamite charger heat sinc and i think thats it ....................

idk if im going to like eletric to much waiting .......................maybe need to wait on lipos to see if they change anything.........