RC poster

BEC? New to the electric division of traxxas

The BEC side .... I have seen these initials thrown around a lot talking about on which side to install the LVA so I can safely run lipos in my summit, but ..... what does it mean and how do I find out which side it is. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    It is usually the side with the red tag. If that is not there anymore just plug one battery in then turn on the esc. If it turns on briefly, that is the bec side. If not, try the other side. Try both sides just in case but that is how I did it.
    You can drive my car, but there's a $500 deposit.

Battery elimination circuit feeds 6v to the Rx to power servos. That batt discharges a bit faster as its feeding the Rx and the motor the other side just feeds the motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Just to add to what Jamann said... the reason you put the LVA on the BEC side is BECAUSE of what he said. Because the BEC feeds all the electronics on the truck it drains faster (though VERY slightly) than the other side so it will hit LVC first every time. Some people suggest using 2 LVA's... there is no reason to do this at all as the BEC side will always be about .02 VPC lower than the non BEC side when the packs are empty.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Thanks for the info guys ... i appreciate it.