RC Enthusiast

Bandit battery Modification

Hey I was wodnering if anyone has modified their bandit Vxl to fit the 8400 lipo 11.1V battery cause I am thinking about doing it and I would like to know if I really should or not. All i really have to do is cut out the back area to get that little extra room under the esc and the battery should fit... input greatly appreciated

RC Champion
    I have a chassis that's already cut out like that and has straps installed for the battery. Pm me for more info.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    welli thought the esc stand and the original battery hold down peice should be more than enough

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DC4REVO View Post
    Hey I was wodnering if anyone has modified their bandit Vxl to fit the 8400 lipo 11.1V battery cause I am thinking about doing it and I would like to know if I really should or not. All i really have to do is cut out the back area to get that little extra room under the esc and the battery should fit... input greatly appreciated
    I have a rustler but I just got a battery in the mail thats about 6mm too long so I had to cut out the area you speak of. It was very easy if you have a dremel tool. If not it could be done with any drill and a grinding bit.
    They call me "Gregor the Goat"

RC Enthusiast
    yeah i was jsut gunna cut it off the 8400mah battery is about 1 cm longer than the batteries that jsut fit... i think i myt have to unscrew the esc holder a litte bit to fit the battery in.... the one hobby shop i go to because im not in my hometown this guy is an idiot saying its counterproductive for such a huge heavey battery but you need that extra weight to keep the car down when your going 130 km/h haha

If you want to add weight to keep the nose down, a bigger battery is an expensive method and the centre of the added weight is even behind the centre of the car.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    just get a battery expansion kit and cut the back wall and it should be fine =

RC Enthusiast
    peter the battery is in the dead center of the car and i need the battery to hit over the 120 km/h mark lol so expensive yes but needed.. my buddys bandit literally eats the crap out of the road its sick but awesum

Quote Originally Posted by DC4REVO View Post
    peter the battery is in the dead center of the car and i need the battery to hit over the 120 km/h mark lol so expensive yes but needed.. my buddys bandit literally eats the crap out of the road its sick but awesum
    I use a 5200mAh 40C and did 138 km/h. The battery is further away from the front axles than the rear axles. It maybe around the centre of gravity of the car, but I doubt that a more heavy battery contributes to reducing the lifting of the front end. Removing the wing did in my case.
    Nobody is born with experience.