RC Competitor

Lipo battery bags or other options? What do you use

I was curious to know how many here use the special charging bags for their lipos? If not what do you use instead, or do most just not use anything? I am new to lipo and looking to add some additional safety measures in the event one did go, but am worried about these bags since would they not keep the battery hot while charging?

Other question I have is I will be getting the Hitec x4 plus which can charge 4 batteries at once, can I put all 4 lipos in one battery bag to charge, or do I need one bag per battery?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

i would use the lipo bag and maybe a metal can to contain them when not in use. you should be able to put the 4 batteries in one bag if its big enough only if not then put them in 2 bags then. its to contain a fire only but its not fire proof so you have to sand over it right away.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    If all 4 are in one bag and one of them "blew up" it would have a great chance of setting off the other three .

I do use LiPo sacks (large) and use 2 batteries per bag. So far, I've been lucky. Had 2 batteries blow at different times and the LiPo sack saved my domain!!

However, to each his own and as always, YMMV.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

RC Qualifier
    With the price of the batteries I charge each one in a seperate bag just in case. I do store them in multiples in a bag though. I also have a fire proof and rain tight enclosure that the bag goes into while charging. The wires feed in through a knock out in the side so I do not pinch them.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Champion
    lol I want to get lipo but now they just sound like time bombs compared to the nimh

RC Enthusiast
    I charge my lipos in a lipo sack and store them in a .50 cal ammo box

RC Champion
    i charge in bag but store two in one bag, one in bottom half, folded over and one in top half, then this is put in a metal tin velcro strapped around to keep it closed,perfect fit for sack. In a cool place also.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    I charge them in a relative open concrete area without lipobag, but always store them in a Sentry fireproof box at home when not in use.