RC Qualifier

what do you think?

so a few months ago i drove my slayer pro into the columbia river at top speed.. it was an accident.. i completely disassembled it cleaned it and dried it out put it back together and it ran for about 10 minutes then it threw a rod.. it looked like it only hurt the piston (it took a couple millimeters off the bottom of the exhaust side) so i filed it smooth got a new rod and it would run but at extremely high rpms and really leaned out.. to the point that it wouldn't stand still.. so i bought a new piston and sleeve put that in and it wont even start.. ive spent like 20 hours trying to tune it to start.. ive heated it up with a hair dryer ive done everything i could find to get it to start.. but it wont.. it spits a little fuel and smokes a tiny bit but wont start.. the only glow plugs my LHS had were dynamite plugs and it seems like they arnt so hot.. the problem with that though is my LHS is 2 hours away.. id love to try some traxxas plugs but it cost more money in gas than the plugs.. I WANT TO DRIVE MY SLAYER DARN IT!! any ideas? its probably toast huh? if anyone has a spare i might be willing to trade my elite 360 for it as long as you can prove it runs great.
    custom summit crawler parts lol

RC Qualifier
    i noticed on my ez starter that the glow plug light doesnt light up..

RC Qualifier
    I get my traxxas plugs from eBay for 4.25 each shipped as I buy in bulk. Are use u installed the piston and sleeve the right way?

RC Champion
    Purchase a new engine and leave the headaches behind. That's what I would do.
    BTW what is an elite 360? Heli?
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    thats what i plan on.. but now i think i need a new ez start.. that might be the problem.. the glow plug light should turn on when i try to start it right? thats how i remember it but its been a few months.. yea im sure, ive taken the engine apart about 563,961,738 times to make sure everything was right..its an xbox..

RC Competitor
    One day my truck wouldn't start and it did almost the same thing yours did it spit it took a poop out the tale pipe,so I called my LHS and they told me to try a better glow plug and I did I used a Mc Coy MC-59 and my truck runs great now,so I would try what I said before you go buy a new motor,also glow plugs can pop in like a half sec and the light on the wound doesn't always tell the truth.

RC Qualifier
    IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my slayer running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got a pull start and glow driver along with a new carb body (one of the plugs stripped out and the only way it would screw in was without the o-ring on the old one) i also finally got 2 more of the traxxas sc wheels and tires.. but of course half way through my second tank of break in it started raining hard.. but ill soon be out there and have my first bashing video soon! IM SO HAPPY!!! i love my summit but i also love the smell, sound and speed of my slayer..