RC Competitor

Lightbulb Raising the car up / Suspension Tweaking / Summit Shocks

Anyone try adjusting the ride height higher ?. For the track where I run the car it's too low. I have a Kyosho Inferno GT2 hitting 80mph on this track with 5s and it's super stable despite being over 1/2" higher than the Xo1 and not having all the xo1 aero advantages.

I noticed the rear can't be raised up due to the diffuser, but I could cut that and then cover it nicely. Then I would need shocks with more travel.

Does anyone know if the summit gtr shocks have more travel ?.

RC Champion
    What about just changing to stiffer springs? Think that would be a better option than raising the vehicle?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

RC Competitor
    For the track I run it's a bit bumpy, so having the additional travel would be nice. If it's too stiff the car will loose traction when it hits a bump at high speed

RC Champion
    I see. I know mine really won't go much higher than stock. I think it's mostly from shock length.
    Jeremy

RC Competitor
    Correct, the stock shocks limit the ride height. Will try and summit gtr's which should have more travel I think. The shocks we have on the xo1 are the e-revo gtr's.

RC Champion
    Let us know how it comes out.
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    GTR is GTR is GTR..... no difference in amount of travel.

However, the XO uses the furthest out shock mount on the A arms, meaning bringing them inward will give you more suspension travel. There's room up front to get more height, and you can get a touch more in the rear, but you're right the diffuser does limit the travel.

This would be a good place for an aftermarket company to step in, if we had curved A arms, we could get more ride height and keep the diffuser.

RC Competitor
    I hope your wrong, cuz I just ordered the gtr summit shocks .

Yeah I can move the shocks more in bound on the front, but on the rear with the big pinion you can't do that =(

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got a bad habit of always thinking I'm right....

RC Competitor
    I'll report back here my findings. They were cheap to buy, so if they are the same I'll keep them as spares for when I crash hah.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vision View Post
    I hope your wrong, cuz I just ordered the gtr summit shocks .

Yeah I can move the shocks more in bound on the front, but on the rear with the big pinion you can't do that =(
    Hate to burst you bubble, but the shocks are the same thing. I just check the part numbers between the summit and XO-1 and the shocks are exactly the same minus the springs they use. You will not gain any extra travel using summit shocks. Sorry

Someone mentioned to me on my own thread, to flip the arms around and once flipped move the shocks BEHIND the tower instead of in-front so you could move the shocks inwards one hole or 2 holes the car desperately needs. It sucks because when i was tolled to try this (which i didn't even think about) i had already dropped off my sold car at the UPS store. NO ONE ON ANY FORUM HAS TRYED THIS FROM WHAT IVE SEEN...........can someone take the time to see if this might work??!?!?!! If it does it really opens up the doors of the XO-1.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like a reasonable request to me... I'll give it whirl tonight.

RC Competitor
    I know the part #'s are the same, but someone on the summit forum said they there a bit longer, but let's see I guess. The summit shocks are super cheap.

RC poster
    While on the subject of shocks, is there any advantage to upgrading to the anodized aluminum shocks?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How is it an upgrade when the stock shocks are already aluminum anodized?

RC Competitor
    Thats the ride height I want Ducatti!. By switching the arms around did it affect anything else in terms of suspension geometry ?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post
    Hate to burst you bubble, but the shocks are the same thing. I just check the part numbers between the summit and XO-1 and the shocks are exactly the same minus the springs they use. You will not gain any extra travel using summit shocks. Sorry

Someone mentioned to me on my own thread, to flip the arms around and once flipped move the shocks BEHIND the tower instead of in-front so you could move the shocks inwards one hole or 2 holes the car desperately needs. It sucks because when i was tolled to try this (which i didn't even think about) i had already dropped off my sold car at the UPS store. NO ONE ON ANY FORUM HAS TRYED THIS FROM WHAT IVE SEEN...........can someone take the time to see if this might work??!?!?!! If it does it really opens up the doors of the XO-1.
    How come you sold your XO-1 so soon??

RC Racer
    Search thru my post, i had a huge thread about it

RC Qualifier
    So has anyone actually raised their xo-1 with longer shocks or ducatti777, is that raised?

I just need to know if it's possible to raise the car up
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    I was gonna try this also , but when flipping the A arms backwards and mounting shocks behind doesnt let me install my sway bars .. I was thinking to drill a pilot hole on the other side of the arm but if theres allready one on oppisite end the screw might now have anything to grab onto , maybe ill see if I can mount sway in differnt spot
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Why would you want to raise the car up?? That's what they have monster trucks for.

RC Qualifier
    Why would you want to raise the car up?? That's what they have monster trucks for.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post

because if I decided that I wanted one I'd have to save up, and I wasn't going to save up for something I could only run on the one smooth road nearby, or the busy higway.

That's cool that you can raise it by flipping the a arms, that's confirmed now but I've decided to save up for a summit and fpv gear anyway.

p.s. They don't sell monster trucks capable of 100mph out of the box

... otherwise I'd be buying that
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish