RC poster

Problem with TQi radio...

Just picked up my Slash 4x4 Ultimate last night from lhs...it came with the new TQi radio and i was stoked untill later that night. Got everything charged and installed...working great updated firmware with my iphone and ran fine...shut it off for about an hour...then went to turn radio back on and nothing,no green light,no red light just dead. Changed radio batteries still no power took cover off the back of the radio and all connections look good...Any ideas would be great or am i just missing something here..thanks in advance

RC poster

Exclamation Same issue with my TQI Slash Ultimate !

Had same issue with my new Slash Ultimate. Loaded firmware ran truck for about a half hour, turned it on next day and nothing. Completely non responsive! I called the Traxxas tech support line and was told to return it for a replacement. They received it on Monday 2/27 and I have not heard anything from them yet. I hope they get me a new one fast so I can run my Slash. It just sucks I'm out $15 to return it! Hopefully this is just a random issue and not across the board with the iPhone/iPod interface.

RC poster
    Any solutions? Just encountered same issue tonight, hoping for a better fix than sending it back. First day with new truck. Updated firmware and used friends ipod touch for one battery. Now radio will not turn on, no green light...nothing.

RC Competitor
    I've killed a remote with a firmware update.
    So far, it's been cheaper for me to buy a new one than to post it back to the US for repair.
    When it happened to me there was no explanation from Traxxas.
    If they recognise it as a fault that seems to be randomly happening I may send it in for repair.