RC Enthusiast

E-revo has locked rear diff... help me unlock it?

I bought a e-revo (Brushless model with 775 brushed motor in it, 1/10 scale) used and it has a locked rear diff for "winter traction driving" I want it unlocked, do I need to buy a unlocked one or can I unlock this one? I don't know whats all involved, thanks in advance!
    2.4ghz Summit
    E-Revo
    Rustler w/ FLUX 4000kv BL

RC Champion
    If it were me I would pick up another diff on eBay and keep the locked diff for when I wanted to crawl around or have some fun in the snow.
    It sounds like you have a spool in there. You may want to get an exploded view of the diff and start from there. It would be easier to follow than some explaining what to do.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    +1 on buying another diff and use that for your other type of driving. I dont know if the e-revo diff are as strong as the BL version, i would look into that incase later down the road you wanna go BL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    +1 on buying another diff and use that for your other type of driving. I dont know if the e-revo diff are as strong as the BL version, i would look into that incase later down the road you wanna go BL.
    "Brushless fans unite! E-Revo is the platform you have been waiting for. For other companies, brushless ready means just making some nominal provisions for battery and motor installation and letting the aftermarket develop the upgrades necessary to make it survive. Not Traxxas. We heard the call for more power so E-Revo was tested tough for durability with brutal 6S LiPo power and intense custom-wound brushless motors. For the uninitiated, this extreme 50+mph motor and battery combination is ordinarily a predictable recipe for a box full of twisted and mangled parts. However, E-Revo’s driveline has been engineered to endure the kind of horsepower and punishment that’s possible with today’s motor and battery technology. A separate motor plate was engineered for clean, low-slung single motor installation."

Direct quote.