Thread: Beadlock Rims

Hybrid View

RC Racer

Lightbulb Beadlock Rims

Do tires have to be glued to beadlock rims?Are their any downfalls to beadlocks?Any advantages?

RC Racer
    I personally haven't used beadlocks but from what I've heard and read they make the tire/wheel setup heavier. I've also heard under lipo power the beadlocks don't hold the tire. I feel like more people go for them just for the looks. JMO

no they are not glued, the beadlock hold in the bead.

downfall BL power pulls the beads out, really should be glued...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Glad you told me that guys.I was gonna get some,but I like to go fast....so they aint for me.I'll just get some Badlands and maybe some of th factory rims.They look sharp enugh for me.

Last edited by 87 GN; 02-10-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    I run them on a few trucks. They look pretty cool and the fact of being able to change tires when i want too is nice. They hold up well on some trucks, summit and anything on 4s or 2s in single batt applications. But if you are die hard 3s or 6s fan then just glue them as well as use the locks. Either way its just personal preference.

RC Competitor
    They're great for looks and if your staying below 40mph or so, they *SHOULD* hold the tire just fine.

Anything above that, though... You're on your own there!

Gluing on the tire defeats the actual intended purpose of a beadlock, so then they're just for looks.

RC Qualifier
    I LOVE the Maximizer 3.2 beadlocks. Sadly, 3.2 sized tires are disappearing rapidly. Everything seems to be going towards 3.8 and 40 series. As long as I tape the tires, and insert both of the "thin bead" rings, I've never had one pull out, even geared for 60mph on 6s. Although I usually run 4s/5s.

Same goes for the Split Six and Trencher 2.2/3.0 tires I run on one of my Slash 4x4's. Now the Rok Loks or Mudslingers on Axial 40 Series beadlocks I run on my Summit are very heavy, and surely would pull out if on a truck with BL power. But on my Brushed Sunmit, they're great.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Champion
    I agree with tbone I have never had a problem on 6s with the bead pulling out of maximizers. You just have to make sure you instal them right. They are heavy though.

RC Qualifier
    My Axial bead locks hold up fine with 4s and a 21 pinion. 6s need to have tires glued.

RC Racer
    Before I used beadlocks i had a problems that sometimes when the sidewalls got hit the glue bond between the tire and wheel would still fail Since I use beadlocks now I glue the tire first, let it dry, instill the beadlock ring and then glue it again, this give a very large area for the glue and beadlock to hold the tire to the rim. No problems any more, but our course its permanent, not taking these apart but that doesn't bother me.