RC Enthusiast

does your wife really know?

i was just wondering how many of our wives realy know how much we paid for the erbe .and in my case how much i spend on fixing it

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    she knows it the moment I slide my debit card LOL
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    My wife knows when I buy parts and upgrades but she would probably blow a gasket if she ever saw the grand total. Haha!
    Revo MM CC2200
    Rusty MMP CC3800
    Merv SV2 CC5700

RC Racer
    Yes, I work hard for my money so I will spend it on my hobbies

sent from my rooted inspire 4g via Tapatalk

I think we all can relate to all of our wife's reaction when we spend money to our hobbies.

RC Enthusiast
    i belive mine, if she knew how much the erbe cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we could sell tickets to the fight

RC Racer
    I just ordered mine.Iv already ordered blue billit parts.Im gonna deck it out.Im gettin ready to get some awsome tires,rims and batts.She's got her money andI got mine....... So no worries.Thank God.

RC Competitor
    Mine saw the email with the total and couldn't understand why I spent so much on a "quote" toy. I told her I know how much she spend on make up, he he

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yep actually relieved...until last year I was buying a new Honda & Polaris atv every October this is a much cheaper hobby
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    My house! Right down the hill from my chicken coop.
    My Lhs is right next to her work! I get delivery with full guilt trip... It's so worth it!

^^^^she probably go in there and ask "what did my husband buy this time?" get ready to wear that armor suit.

RC Qualifier
    I tell all. Full disclosure keeps it honest and open. No surprises! Besides, I get RC chassis infrequently and any RC chassis less than a $2,000 DSLR lens, which was a point of contrast in our household.

my wife knows what i buy and i know what she buys down the very $1. same here turbo cat1 about being honest and open thats what a marriage is.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Ha Ha what happens in the rc shop stays in the rc shop.
    Mine has a good idea but not very interested helps I have the young fella involved.

Quote Originally Posted by fastdad4 View Post
    Does your wife really know how much we paid for & spend on fixing it?
    Yup every bit of it, and boy do I hear about it when she want's something done or modded on her truck!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    its mental mate i feel ya! i even have to get one of my friends to buy my hop ups as the mrs would just flip! she really hates my erbe more then anything! didnt help when we were out i caught a BIG! air and the erbe just took off into the air! the mrs was in front and nothing i could do and it hit her straight on the shin! she fell to the floor nearly crying, so yes ever since i nearly broke her leg i have not seen anyone dislike something so much! its really starting to get to me tho! as its my only hobby and she does my ******* head in about it all the time!

RC Enthusiast
    the secert weapon is the child you have to say you bought it for the child . in my case i have 4 children 9 11 12 18 it would be skateing on thin ice to suggest it was bought for the 18 year old . i am not that dumb but i still have 3 more to use for a while then hopefuly there will be grand children AND THEn the wife will be happy to pay for the 6 month old a xo1 supercar

RC Racer
    My wife knows that I made out pretty good selling my revo on eBay and have a less wallet draining truck now instead.
    SUMMIT
    ERBE
    Peed4X42400
    ThunderTigerMT4-G3

RC Enthusiast
    My wife knows. **** she is the one who bought all of them. Revo 3.3 w/ O.S 21tm, Brushless E Revo, Brushless P-51D, are just a few.

RC Competitor
    Mine doesn't know but it's only because she doesn't care. LOL!

RC Racer
    I just told my wife while we were in our marriage counselling that this year I have spent over 5000 this year lol thatbwent over well

RC Qualifier
    Mine knows i trade and sell more than i spend outwards since i started this hobby. The little amounts i spend on spares i replace with side jobs.. Our single income really does not allow too much spending from either of us.. Although she did ask why i have a hobby only i can enjoy and why don't i sell it to get something we all can enjoy... the dog and i enjoy this just fine LOL

RC Enthusiast
    the solution to that muck is buy her a 1 16 e revo that way she can play but not win if yall race

RC Racer
    She doesn't care how much it cost, or ends up costing. But it's not that I advertise all the money put into it so far. It does seem a bit absurd to the people not into the hobby. I mean, I haven't even driven mine for more than 2 hours and I'm in for over a grand.

Brushed Revo, Mamba upgrade, batteries, charger, broken parts, a few upgrades already.

RC Qualifier
    This is great thread! I have laughed out loud a couple times……I think we can all relate in some way or another.

But to answer the question…….I don’t think my wife had a clue until this last fall when my shop got broke into and the guys cleaned me out of RC: trucks, tire/wheels, batts, Nitro, spare parts and the list goes on. They even took the owners manuals. So when I filed the insurance claim she pretty much saw all the cards. Let’s just say that out of a $7,200 claim and more than $6,000 was RC related.

I told her that I wasn’t going to go crazy this time and that I was just going to buy two trucks, me an erbe and my son an eMaxx. And I was going all electric……because is was much cheaper. LOL!!!!! I think she’s on to me though, she came outside into the shop yesterday afternoon……lets just say I found a deal I couldn’t walk away from a couple days ago and bought 3 Nitro Revo’s…….Oops!

She didn’t say anything, but sometimes that even worse.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Racer
    Long story short, No she does not know ALL of the money. She is not dumb, she knows it cost.

Does not really care as long as the bills get paid. We both have our own money, but it is a fine line if I have more then her to blow.

RC Enthusiast
    im just hoping she does not find this thread i started he he hehehehehehehehe

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    This is too funny. My wife knows but never says a word...well ummm....until. My little boy wanted a Slot car track and he asked Daddy, so I told him to ask Momma. He seen Momma and she says is this for you or Daddy! LOL I dont think that was right. she gets to do her mani-pedi, and all the purses....so.....

BTW I have an ERBE, EMBE, P4de, Slash, & Digger.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Well, I got my E Revo and ERBE before we got married. She knows about my shopping for upgrades and stuff. But she cant believe I spend that much on a hobby. She can read books and have a blast... we are very different in the spending field. But yeah she knows.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    Mine handles all of our finances, so she is well aware of the total. And reminds me every now and then. But she is still cool with me buying another truck, so I have no complaints.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Racer
    Only thing she don't understand or likes if when I trade or sell them.... always saying I'm into the hobby to much

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk