RC Qualifier

Looking for wide tires

Hey I'm looking for some tires/wheels that are as wide as the trencher x's (4+ inches) but can't seem to find any. Does anyone have use or can suggest any wider tires (or wheels)? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    What do you not like about the trencher x? Since you said in another thread you like the Talons (I do too), you can do what I did and mount the Talon tire on 40 series wheels. You'll need to use a wide, dense foam such as Racers Edge dual stage Revo foams. The tires measure 3.75" mounted (this set up stretches them slightly) and they weigh 290g mounted with 2 strips of duct tape - that is only 25g more than the stock Talon/Geode (or gemini) combo. Their sidewall is considerably stiffer than stock.

While we are on the topic of Trencher X tires - does anyone know their weight with foam? (mounted or unmounted is ok)

RC Qualifier
    i have the tall trenchers and they are way too soft and mushy for on road driving. they are also tall and thin and cause the car to flip over alot.

i do like the talons, but the tread is beginning to wear. so im looking for a wide tire that has the same 50/50 on/off road style the talons do.

RC Qualifier
    how about embe or revo3.3 (wide offset wheel) tires

RC Qualifier

Looking for wide tires

Oooh I like those, good idea thx

Why can't I find the part number for the revo 3.3 wheels/tires combo? 4973 has them on different wheels...
    Last edited by varunaX; 02-11-2012 at 11:26 AM.

RC Qualifier
    4973 is the tires
    5671 is the wheels
    im not seeing a traxxas part number for the mounted tire and wheel but if you search ebay for "revo tires" you will find them. there gunna be way cheaper on ebay anyway

ive got them on my tmaxx.21 and the tires have 2.5 gallons on them and they still have some life left from 75% street. diff gunna buy another set when there totally gone

RC Qualifier
    Perfect. They look like they have a lil more tread than the talons which is what I'm lookin for and almost 4'' wide

RC Qualifier
    Loving these tires. I recommend them over the talons if anyone is looking for a on/off road tire