RC Competitor

How to prevent flipping over

At the end of a run on pavement if I don't slow down first the truck flips

IdealyWhat I would really like to do is brake and make the real quick 180 spin

How can I make that happen idea please tires maybe just got the truck so I'm still on the talons

you have to slow down a bit to make a turn, you need to get a better feel of how fast you can make the turn, before it flips.. sway bar do help too.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Move the push rods the the outside furtherest hole that will lower the center of gravity some
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Enthusiast
    Even if you tighten up the suspension and install sway bars you will still have problems making tight turns at high speeds especially on pavement. As you stiffen the suspension the higher the speed that you will be able to make that 180 turn but at some point you will still flip over. AS 87_GN said you have to get the feel of how well your truck corners with your current set up.

RC Competitor
    And... the Talons are extremely prone to traction rolling. At least in my experience.

RC Competitor
    Get some extended wheel adapters and widen the trucks foot print

RC Qualifier
    1/2 off set wheels would be better than spacers never was a fan of spacers on any vehicle application

RC Racer
    i was having the same problem and I got 1/2 offset wheels and it made a HUGE difference.
    Of all things I lost I miss America the most!

RC Competitor
    Swaybar? I want that sounds good. But what is that. Is it a part I would buy and just bolt on somewhere

Traction rolling. That's the correct term there I'm learning more every day here

RC Competitor
    Before you spend a milling dollars check your toe and your camber. Traxxas is horrible about putting these trucks in the box all out of wack. Ideally you want a little negative camber (top of tires leaning in) front and rear. You also want the front toed out just a bit and the rear should be straight or toed in just a bit. Then put the extra shock springs that came with the truck on and fill the shocks with 60 or 70wt. Oil. Set your a-arms so that they are a little less-than-level and try it like this. I will bet $100 you will notice a huge improvement and will only be out $5 for a bottle of shock oil.

RC Qualifier
    I use THIS sway kit it works well when set up correctly it does come with a set up sheet

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys

I'm gonna try messing with the cambers and toes first the sway bar deal looks a little too involved for me right no lol but well
    See how it goes with the adjustments first

RC Competitor
    Well???? Any luck?

RC Racer
    I use tekno sway bars which significantly helps with flipping, turning, cornering. Its almost impossible for me to flip any more.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys, can you explain me what it a 1/2 offset on the whell? How do I do that?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe not what you're looking for.... but I like running buggy sized wheels and lowering the truck for onroad bashing. It won't flip...

RC Qualifier
    It's where the hex is located when looking at wheels the manufacture will specify "0" or "1/2" inch off set

RC Competitor
    How Dow you guys adjust the toe

RC Champion
    Use your blue 5mm wrench and turn the toe links. The toe links are the rods that steer the front wheels.

RC Competitor
    Charging the batts now I let you guys now how it goes. It's been a little rainy out here so I don't want to get anything wet well the electrical. I got one of those outerwears deals on there now too. So hopefully that will help. Preventing water from getting on the esc. Hopefully the whelp adjustments help out I'll let y'all know. Thanks everybody

RC Competitor
    Well the toe and camber defiantly helped but after about 20 min of up and down the street one of the talons on the front can off the rim partially. Fortunately it happened on the one tire that was wobbling pretty bad so swapped the front two wit some other tires that tread looks a lot like the rear tires on a rustler. Bow tie deals. But the are off set and now the truck tuns like a champ.

RC Qualifier
    These are city blocks with the off set ran ay the track last weekend it handled really good came off a truggy they are not as tall as the factory talons which did not do worth a flip on the track

RC Competitor
    Those look very similar to what I got the rims are orange ofna racing it says on a little sticker any way and the tires say crime fighter mtr on them can't up the rears on yet cause the foam in one of the other tires is broken so ima have to re glue and foam the pair first