RC Competitor

e-revo shims needed?

i have blown a rear diff due to not shimming, i am after shims for the internal diff gears (the ones you fill with oil) and im after shims to shim the outside of the diff (the big gear that connects to the pinion) if anyone know where to get any if u would be kind enough to let me know thanks

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    thanks bud

RC Qualifier
    Is this that you guys are referring to the play on the spur gear I've noticed that it moves back and forth seems like it shouldn't
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    no on the diff mate, nothing to do with spur

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    Is this that you guys are referring to the play on the spur gear I've noticed that it moves back and forth seems like it shouldn't
    Back & forth or side to side?

side to side bearing in the trans on the input (? or output) shaft. can never remember which one it's called.
    back & forth just play in the shaft not sure..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Sorry didn't explain more in detail not side to side its foward and backward like it needs to be shim foward fits to the pinion fine but its like running in the same fixed position

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    Sorry didn't explain more in detail not side to side its foward and backward like it needs to be shim foward fits to the pinion fine but its like running in the same fixed position
    Bump...for possible answer

RC Competitor
    what is it your trying to ask brewers74??? i dont understand? if your on about the spur why not make a thread this is about shims and the diff mate. but the spur should have a bit of play in it you dont want a spur/pinion mesh with no play at all, very bad! hope that helps you out, if not maybe make a thread mate as you will get more help as this is for diff help

edit, also try meshing your spur with the paper trick, if you cant get on with messing it by feel/sight

edit, well i bought a complete new diff....but its for the nitro revo right? its not going to work in my erbe is it as they have different internal gears dont they?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306436581...84.m1497.l2649
    Last edited by tingting44; 02-11-2012 at 03:52 AM.

RC Qualifier
    My spur gear has a lot of play in it like the nut and spring needs to be tighten but that's not the case its very tight like with the cover off standing over top looking down at it looks like the spur is warped...might try another spur it might be warped
    I know how to set the mesh that's not what I was asking thanks tho