RC poster

Bigger, better tires?

Looking for a cheap way to put a set of Rock Crusher Monster Size 40 Tires on my summit...
    Can I put them on my stock rims? Or does anyone know where I can get a set of cheap wheels?

RC Qualifier
    Cheapest way is proline 40 series narrow rims. Tech 5 I think is the flavor. You may beable to snag some used beadlocks for about the same price.

They are HUGE and heavy.i didn't like them for climbing or crawling. Too tall for me. They do look cool though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    i agree with jamann, i have a set of 40 series rok lok tires, they are awesome looking but to big. It lifts the truck up way to high. If you have a look at the roll of almost doom thread, you will see what jamann and i do and what tires we use. Its still up to you what you want to use. Just my 2 cents. I'm actually putting the tires on usedvictoria today. I'm goin to put the money from the tires towards the tqi set up
    IfYouCan'tRunWithTheBigDogs,StayOnThePorch

RC Qualifier
    I've got a set of Rock Crushers and a set Mudslingers, depending on of it's muddy out or not.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Racer
    For crawling the stock canyons are pretty hard to beat. Very soft for wrapping around rocks. I also have proline trenchers on their cheap plastic rims for general bashing. They are a bit stiff but have deep tread. Check out rcrockcrawling.com for a couple other options but as stated above, the big rok loks and other 8 inch tires really raise the center of gravity. I wish there was more options for crawling tires in our size. The 2.2 and smaller have tons of options.

RC Qualifier
    Here's my video showing the comparison of the mudslingers to the canyons. The slingers arent as tall as the crushers but they are still bigger than stock. As you can see, they do not make the truck flip over any quicker than the canyons.

I would still like to try other tall tires for a side by side test but the wife doesnt see it my way, haha.

RC Qualifier
    seems like you could have gone steeper if you went slower.. yours is my favorite non summit body summit it looks so mean.

Offering to buy/sell/trade non-Traxxas items is prohibited.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    custom summit crawler parts lol

RC Racer
    Offering to buy/sell/trade non-Traxxas items is prohibited.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-12-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    IfYouCan'tRunWithTheBigDogs,StayOnThePorch

RC Qualifier
    2.2's look stupid on a Summit IMO. (Unless it's useing Slayer A-arms, then it looks scale and cool)
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by summitcrawler View Post
    seems like you could have gone steeper if you went slower.. yours is my favorite non summit body summit it looks so mean. how much would you charge to make a cage?
    I did try to go real slow on the steepest settings and it would tip back when the back tires got to the ramp. A little speed was the only way I could get her to stick.
    I dont make cages to sell, even talking about has got my posts deleted. Sorry, but thanks for digging them.

here is a pic of the crushers and trenchers and moab xl's

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Dang, thats a huge tire. I get big tire envy every time I see them.. Its funny because I know its probably wrong to run them for performance but I just cant help myself..

The massiveness of them can be very helpful,but when it goes down the hill at 30+ with no one driving... See roll of doom.it takes a tree to stop it. On the trails they work pretty good but side hilling is a no no. The bottom of the chassis clears a ball cap. The slingers look about perfect height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I prefer mudslingers as a trail tire especially since I've gone brushless but its hard to replace the canyons bite when crawling.