RC poster

Tons of questions

Sorry if these have been answered, but I skimmed through briefly and didnt find answers for exactly what Im looking for.

1. Suspension: The bottom part of the right front shock is broken. Broke = upgrade. Are the TRA7061X a good buy? Suggestions for others?

2. Battery: Currently running a single 2s 2000mAh LiPo battery, but looking at upgrades. I hear great things about the ***** ********* batteries. I wanna get the most power that I can get bordering in the dangerous area. Im gonna try not to, but if the ESC blows up, I'll just upgrade it, too. SO I was thinking dual 3S 2200 mAh batteries ran in parallel. But then there's this other number that I dont understand, the 20C/40C, etc. Someone explain this to me or suggest the best battery for my situation? Por favor!

3. Traction: This seems to be my biggest and most pertinent issue. Even with my much lower powered LiPo battery, I seem to be spinning the crap outta the tires. I took off the stock hard-as-a-rock "drifting" tires and put on some integy tires which increased the traction quite a bit, but I also plan to increase the power. SO I want it set up for track racing. I read somewhere that increasing oil weight will make it function as a sort of limited slip diff. Is this accurate? Which oil should I use? And is it the best setup for track racing?

4. Gears: I think the gears that are on it are pretty well setup for track racing, so I would just pick up another set for high speed runs and swap them out as needed. So what's the tallest gearset I can buy?

5. Servo: Stock one is already blown, stripped out. What should I replace it with? The ******* 390DMH seems to be pretty popular?

6. Durability: Anything else known to break easily that I should pick up while Im ordering parts?

Thanks so much in advance for any and all replies!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum!
    1. I still run the stock shocks but i hear those are a good option
    2. I currently run 2 2s 30c 2500mah SPC lipos, (and love them!) from what i understand the 30c ect is the burst rate, basically the higher the number the more punch they have. I think Running 3s all the time will result in more broken parts but thats just my .02.
    3. I would look into some hpi x pattern tires or any of the hpi touring car tires, people have also used Traxxas 4-tec tires. you may also want to look into foam tires. Yes changing the diff fluids will change the way the car grips, handles ect. The thicker oil wil make it more like a limited slip, however your handling will decrease. I have several set-ups that i usedepending on how i plan to run. for on road with grippy tires i like running 50k diff fluid both front and rear, and i also like running the center-diff with 50k. Stock is 50 front and 30 rear. I dont know what spring you use but you may want to toy with different springs. I run the black (4.3 rate) with little to no preload, makes it run like its on rails.
    4. I cant help you with that
    5. I just ordered that same servo. I think the hitec 85somethingorother is popular too
    6. I have had my stang for close to a year and i never broke much. i broke a lower front a-arm a few weeks ago so i upgraded all the a-arms with RPM's. I wore out the stock axle carriers, didnt break them, upgraded them to GPM's. You might want to get a couple of spare battery doors and body posts. also you may want to look into swapping out the rocker arm bushings with bearings, and the same with the steering arm bushings. makes thing move smoother.
    I'm sure im forgeting something but i hope some of that helps!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Competitor
    Why don't you like the 2c lipo's? I run the stock bats in parallel and it seems alright but was planning upgrading to traxxas 2c lipo's part number 2820...

RC poster
    When you say "broken parts" you mean burned up powertrain parts or broken, wrecked parts?

Tell me where I can find foam tires? And why x-pattern tires instead of slicks? And where to find springs and what is preload?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Broox View Post
    When you say "broken parts" you mean burned up powertrain parts or broken, wrecked parts?

Tell me where I can find foam tires? And why x-pattern tires instead of slicks? And where to find springs and what is preload?
    Broken parts meaning i broke a lower suspension arm on a cold day during a pretty spectacular cartwheeling wreck. I also have had small pebbles get into the center driveshaft (tunnel?) and cause the center driveshaft to break.
    Any 1/10 touring car foam tires w/ 12mm wheel hexes will work. I really cant explain why Xpatterns over slicks, i havent used slicks so i cant say. for wheel and tire options check out this thread:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rmarket+wheels
    or:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rmarket+wheels
    There are 2 other traxxas option springs for this car which are
    part #7341 tan 3.4 rate springs
    part #7342 black 4.3 rate springs
    check your pm's for links to said springs
    Pre-load is the threaded collar on the shock body that be adjusted to make the spring compress more or less
    STRC Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Thanks dude. You've been a ton of help. I got the Series connector and hooked up the two factory traxxas NiMh batteries and immediately blew the cheap integy tires off the rear wheels.

So I think Im set for batteries for the time being. So Im going to order the upgraded shocks and springs, upgraded servo, and I need to find some foam tires. I've been browsing websites but so far I've only found one set that comes preglued on a dish wheel which doesnt work for me...

RC poster
    Okay guys, I still need help here. Any reason why I should run 2s instead of 3s besides being too fast? Will a 2S 2500mAh be much faster than a 2S 2000mAh? Suggestion for mAh for 3S? And somebody gimme a name brand or something so I can find these foam tires!?

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

RC poster
    Mah = miiliamp hours = drive duration. 2500mah will drive longer than 2000mah if all other conditions are the same.

2s is lower total voltage. (7.4V)
    3s can cause heat issues and over stress things. (11.1V)
    (s= number of cells x 3.7V each)

20c has less punch than 25c
    C rating determines how much burst or sustained power it can feed the motor. A motor can only pull so much so the extra C power will just mean the battery won't be as heavily worked. (usually means cooler battery temp)

Can't help much with tires etc...sorry

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^What he said. I think jaco foams work, but i really dont know. I've also heard of gone banannas custom foams, there is a guy on here that has used them i think his sn is allalluminim, search thru the rally forum and he has pics in there and i think in his build thread he talks about the foams
    STRC Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Awesome! You guys are great! Got it all figured out! Unfortunately I couldn't find all the parts on the same site so I'll have to pay shipping twice, but F it, totally worth it for one bad car!

Thanks again for all your help.