RC Competitor

Lightbulb Increased Steering Angle?

Has anyone attempted to increase the steering angle for better control while drifting? I know with the crawlers we could do several things to improve it. I searched around but didn't see any discussions on this. I might see what I can come up with...

I think you are bound the the maximum angle that the knuckles allow you to steer. You can use a longer servo horn to increase the angle.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Nobody is born with experience.

are you talking about the camber settings? you can adjust camber and toe, a lot of people do jsut that

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There are stoppers on the servo saver that can be removed.
    I am not sure if it will increase the amount the tires turn or not...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    are you talking about the camber settings? you can adjust camber and toe, a lot of people do jsut that
    No I'm talking about the limits currently induced by the steering linkage and servo limits. I was going to look into increasing the servo arm length slightly, as mentioned by Peter, and look for what, if anything, is stopping anything from moving further. (I'll check that servo saver, thank Jimmie) One problem I can foresee is the funky folding arm system coming off the servo arm..can't "hyper-extend" that or it might not do much to increase steering angle.

I was thinking about the max you can go when you turn the wheels manually compared with using the transmitter. Maybe resetting the end points could help. When I replaced the stock servo with a Hitec one, resetting the end points made it move further.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Competitor
    Yeah I was wondering about end point adjustment. I apparently fried the stock servo today, so I'm going with the ******* 390 upgrade and I'll look in to EPA. I also went ahead and removed that notch the servo saver hits to limit the steering, I'll report back on that.

any new info on if that stopper does anyhting? what stopper are you talking about?

RC Competitor
    I did get my servo replaced with a couple of crazy high speed Hitec HSG-5084MG servos with slightly longer horn mounting points for increased throw, and with that stopper notch grinded away, I can't tell much of a difference. (see my video of the servo action in this thread) That stopper notch is located inside the servo saver if you take it apart...it's right in front of the spring. I'll keep at it and see if I can figure out what the next stopping point limitation is, I still haven't played with EPA so plan to look into that too.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the update, keep us informed of progress.

RC poster

My Traxxas rally Steering angle

Photo link Error!!

http://cafe.naver.com/vxl.cafe?ifram...ticleid=10201&

Look this link!
    Last edited by anacha; 03-03-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Photo link Error

RC poster

RC Competitor
    Nice work, what did you end up doing to increase the angle. Mine may be increased some, but I don't have a stock chassis to compare it too like yours. I need a setup board to track steering angle better.