Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Your Hobbies beside RC?

I am bored, so just want to start an off topic thread.

I am new to the RC world (only 2 months .

Compared to my photography hobby, this RC hobby is less and more expensive at the same time
    I got a mini e-revo + mini summit + bunch of upgrade and third parties parts (CVD, 2 new servos, 4 tires, and more) for below 1k, which is less than an L lens.

However, with L lenses, i can always resale and got most, if not all of my $ back when i need it or want to try different lenses, unlike the RC word, which is very much water under bridge

Don't get me wrong, i really enjoy the little rc cars i have now, just want to know what other bobbies other rc owners have.
    The only suck part is that i can't hold the transmitter and the shutter at the same time
    Cheers
    hskb
    Last edited by hskb; 02-07-2012 at 04:15 PM.

full size cars and trucks, mostly, the 4x4 trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    this should be on traxxas alley forum.

RC Competitor
    computer semi-geek , website design, coding, and sometimes photography (beginner)
    Last edited by drazoyu; 02-07-2012 at 04:27 PM.

RC Champion
    Full size cars, piano and computer graphics - animation, 2D/3D, photo etc...

This car has taken my attention 99% though since I got it a month ago, I'm broke all the time and staring at it all the time! Hahah

Awesome lenses and incredible rig you have!! With cars and computers, you don't get your money back at all haha.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    im a computer technician, love games, exotic animals have "tarantulas/scorpians/chameleon/bearded dragons/gecko/piranaha/cichlids", love working on my firebird formula lt-1, love every aspect of rc planes\choppers\cars\trucks

anyhting to do with electonics, mechanics or animals....

although a cool thread last one of these i wrote in got shut down cause it doesnt have to do with traxxas rc's, have fun while it lasts guys

for the op keep your eyes out for niburu, hahahaha, werent we all supposed to be dead by now, got to love y2k type scares....
    Last edited by kuskye25; 02-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    I used to be into muscle cars. I had a 1998 SVT Cobra with 10k miles on it a few years ago, it was mint! I'm a beast on guitar hero and rock band guitar. I also listen to a lot of prog/death meath/metal like Between the Buried and Me and Protest the Hero. I'm a senior math major about to graduate in May, so I have a lot of homework usually.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    this should be on traxxas alley forum.
    Thanks, i posted here since it's the forum i read most seeking answers for my merv and summit.

RC Racer
    im amazed nobody has said xbox yet but other than the merv its full size track cars for my wife (as in she asks me to build them for her to drive...crazy i know but she still calls me a child for loving my rc

RC Qualifier
    A few subjects from my other hobby:

This is a family friendly forum so please use discretion when posting pictures. No offensive pictures allowed.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-12-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: suggestive pictures removed

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    great pics congrats, do you have more from RIO

RC Qualifier
    Dude, that Blue Angels Wheels Down shot is just awesome...excellent catching the exhaust blur as well.

RC Qualifier
    i'm into model railroading along with racing and sports. racing is my favorite out of everything though. Xcel Dirt track modifieds its just the feel of throwing a car sideways at 75 mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Enthusiast
    do them girls know you are taking pictures of them ?? LOL

this is my other hobby

RC Champion

i build alot of 1/24-1/25th scale 4x4 trucks/semi trucks/gasser style 70s era cars.

RC Racer
    this is one of my hobbies besides R/C, it is a 1977 toyota celica.

Sig Sauer M400
    S&W M&P15
    Remington 1911 R1

RC Racer
    A little more:

Sig Sauer M400
    S&W M&P15
    Remington 1911 R1

RC Qualifier
    other then RC i do:

i love shooting. i love the smell of gun powder. just got back from shooting my 16 inch flat top AR with an eotech 512.

i also love bicycling.

i also ride motorcycle and bicycle observed trials

i play airsoft as well. i run a JG G36c and a fully automatic gas HFC beretta 93. not my g36c in the photo. my g36c is a high ROF build with a suppressor. i am thinking of putting my fake eotech back on it. im waiting for a high speed motor which should put me near 2000 rounds per minute.

Last edited by deerhurst; 02-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    My truck

Oh yeah and my bike
    Last edited by Light351; 02-12-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Champion
    Very nice truck, looks really clean
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    im into old school muscle cars especially MOPAR
    my car 75 dodge dart sport just finishing building wkith a 99 dodge ram 5.9L fuel injected 360 dropped into it

my dad cars me and him built 79 plymouth volare/roadrunner with a 413 and 4 speed (car for sale)

RC Qualifier
    Apart from my quad and some other minor things shooting is certainly one of my favorite hobbies.

From top to bottom:
    1942 Mosin Nagant
    Mossberg 144LS
    Weatherby PA-08 12 gauge
    Bottom left Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Bottom right FN FNP-9

And the Mosin before I decided to refinish the stock.
    2CH3NO2 + CH3OH + 3O2 → 3CO2 + 5H2O + N2 =Jato Fun

RC Enthusiast
    my newest hobby has been a 2002 500 4x4 automatic tranny TBX body Arctic Cat, nothing better than trail riding on a quad.

RC Competitor
    I do a little offroading

a little biking (though I've been slacking lately).

I also play frisbee golf, some real golf, shooting (handguns), and some World of Tanks as well.

RC Qualifier
    I'm involved in RC of coarse, i dabble in model railroading on a 4'x8' sheet. My main hobbies right now is restoring garden tractors. In pa it's been to cold to be out running rc my fingers cant take it. Me and my father are restoring a 1971 john deere 70 lawn tractor. plus we just bought a JD 214 planning to get into some run what you brung garden tractor pulling this summer.
    Thats what it looked like when we bought it. it is not in what i call a kit form. the's completely disassembled and the frame is just about ready to be painted meaning we can start reassembling it. leaving the fenders hood and grill needing painted.

MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFlash View Post
    I'm involved in RC of coarse, i dabble in model railroading on a 4'x8' sheet. My main hobbies right now is restoring garden tractors. In pa it's been to cold to be out running rc my fingers cant take it. Me and my father are restoring a 1971 john deere 70 lawn tractor. plus we just bought a JD 214 planning to get into some run what you brung garden tractor pulling this summer.
    Thats what it looked like when we bought it. it is not in what i call a kit form. the's completely disassembled and the frame is just about ready to be painted meaning we can start reassembling it. leaving the fenders hood and grill needing painted.

That looks cool! Must be fun

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Qualifier
    For me its mainly RC - but i also write iOS apps for my job, i consider it to be a hobby as i try to spend as much time doing my own work on it, as opposed to the jobs i get assigned by work. Also into classic cars, though not how those above me would know it, being UK i prefer our style classics to the american versions, when i get home ill post a pic of one of my cars, but we have a Morgan and E-Type in the family, the etype specifically being mine, nothing better than the roof down on a rare sunny day going for a drive. Ised to have quite a few more bit mom made us sell them on lol, typical right? Those included an Austin Mini, Messhershmit (no idea if its spelt right, and not the plane!), frog eye sprite, also a porsche in the arage but thats not classic yet.

Water sports are my other main area of interest when i get the chance to go somewhere they are available, speed boats, water skiing, scuba diving.

Oh and Snow skiing, dunno how i nearly forgot that one!! Love fresh powder under my skiis!!
    VXL P2de, rusty MMP Orion vortex, mid '90's P2de

RC Qualifier
    I enjoy camping, nothing like some R/C cars and a campfire!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Racer
    My kids keep me busy playing every sport imaginable and I coach them in football and softball/baseball. When we get time, they love fishing more than anything but I am the only RC freak in the family at the moment, but my 7 yr old is quickly becoming addicted!

RC Enthusiast
    I got a couple hobbies besides Rc. Since I'm just about retired, and I made plenty of money from my job, now I spend my weekends airsofting at cqb city in California. I have a Gas powered m249 saw, and a shotgun as well. During the week, you can find me at gigs playing my trombone

Finally when I'm not at my job, you can find me having some fun with these bad boys

My Riva, main restore in 2004:

Here is the boat my father had. I wish he could see what she looks like today. I decided to restore it as an honor to him, he died in the middle of the restore. Just about the saddest thing that ever happened to me. Ever. This 1950's beauty sat in an old dusty barn for just about 50 years. She was sad, I could tell you that. I know my dad would be proud of her now

A bit of a different state of my mind..... This is my Donzi 43 zr comp, it's powered by Triple 580 Horsepower Mercury engines. It'll do about 129mph. To be honest I really dont like going that fast. Its REALLY scary :/

I also love my cars. I currently own a Porsche 914 that has a small block chevy motor in it. I love the porsche because it is such a sleeper car. The original 914 has a straight 4 engine, so It's funny when I get looser ricer rocket guys revving their engines at me at stop lights, like they want to race. Little do they know that my 914 can beat a Bugatti Veyron in a race to 60 mph.

I also love dogs and fish. Right now I have 5,000 Gallon Saltwater setup and an 950 Gallon Freshwater setup. I currently have 4 dogs. I hunt with them and train them myself.
    I have a boxer Puppy

My Two Rottweiler's

And my Doberman

~Thefridge

RC Champion
    This...

And then this afterwards...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/McLamb213?feature=mhee

My main interests are racing XC (on my 2012 Honda 400X) and making racing and riding videos afterwards! I love it!

genXrated
    I enjoy fishing (bass mainly, but a nice quiet riverbank @ night for cats is good too) as well as biking. Don't really have time for anything else. Or money.

RC Qualifier
    in a hole.... with my rustler and an electrical outlet
    http://youtu.be/MsGc_Fw2LTo <------------ thats what i do indoor percussion!
    so this one time I ate a lipo.......

RC Qualifier
    Wow, this thread is still going strong.
    Here are a few sport shots:

And a Moon shot:
    ]

RC Racer
    Hunting, fishing, trapping and boating the Mississippi River. Waterfowling is my first love as far as hobbies go, more a way of life really.

RC poster
    540ci BBC 680hp
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    pede 4x4 vxl / axial ax10 / USA 1 nitro / mini8

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG]
    pede 4x4 vxl / axial ax10 / USA 1 nitro / mini8

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja548 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That's almost as much roost as my ATV shot above! Good job!

RC Qualifier
    Fishing, kayaking, camping, shooting, rock climbing, hiking, gong to national parks, mountain biking, watching the birds around my house, and 10 gallon fish tank with zebra danos, mini catfish and tetra's, pretty much anything outside I like to do.
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Qualifier
    Besides RC. Golf, off shore fishing, online gaming (fps), my 55 gallon planted fish tank, smoking cigars, baseball - Go Phils!!!
    Define Spam...