Thread: Kd dual dewalts

RC Qualifier

Kd dual dewalts

Has any of you erevoers tried kershaw designs dual 820 dewalt setup?

I got my tax return so I think I'm gonna try it out. I'm gonna go for the 14.4v motors.

2 motors with a 31t pinion on each?? Sounds crazy. Brushless speed perhaps?

RC Qualifier
    Well thanks to no one as I just received the dual dewalts today and they are insane

The installation is real easy. I just needed to move the esc to the other side. I velcroed the receiver box to the top of the servo and screwed the esc into the box's holes. It looks clean and I like it

My car just flies now. Its the same speed as my merv on 2s, I'd have to say 35mph, so it kinda does live up to the 'midlevel brushless power' promise. I have 3s batts for my merv so I'm allowed to say this, but any faster than this is silly and mostly for showing off. this setup is money

I was debating going brushless, but I'm so glad I didn't. Not only did I save 200$ but I keep my waterproofness which is a dealbreaker for me. No outwear cover or plastidip will ever make me feel as comfy as driving my evx2 under deep puddles and streams.

RC poster
    I'm new here but nice setup.

Nice rig, but did you see the new DeWalt drill with new brushless motors that came out one or two weeks ago? Imagaine two of those brushless motors in a ERBE! (Or a E-maxx....)
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    HobbyWing makes a SC8 120amp Waterproof BL ESC. With a 2000kv motor the combo goes for about $150.00 from RCECHO and it's an Excellent system. On 4s it's insane!!!

The DeWalt brushless sounds interesting. Wonder what it weights?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Nice rig, but did you see the new DeWalt drill with new brushless motors that came out one or two weeks ago? Imagaine two of those brushless motors in a ERBE! (Or a E-maxx....)
    I saw those in the store the other day as well. The ones I saw were Makita and had brushless motors and lipo batteries.

I saw those in the store the other day as well. The ones I saw were Makita and had brushless motors and lipo batteries.
    LOL, You just discribed EXACTLY what I saw in Home Depo! Man, would someone please get one of those darn motors and see what kind of HUGE POWER that would give a rc car?!?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Varuna.

That setup looks awesome. !

I am currently debating on getting the single or dual dewalts in my e revo.

How are the motors holding up? heat issues or anything?

RC Enthusiast
    I'd like to know this also. Really debating going to a wp 120a esc with brushless motor or this. I don't care if I am only able to run 4s and not 6s. 6s Seems like to many broken parts for me.

RC Qualifier

Kd dual dewalts

The speed of the dewalts is very comparable to 4s brushless with the 31t pinions. Its very cool.

If I had to complain its not really with them, but the lva you have to use with them. The motors take a lot of volts to accllerate, but not so many to drive with. , so my lva constantly gives me false alarms when I accel, which always worries me. . When I check under the hood, I always have 3.6-7v left. But its undrivable cause the loud beeping.

I know the evx with lvd would solve that prob, but its 70$ so getting that would run me into mmm territory which kinda defeats the point of brushed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooperrc View Post
    I'd like to know this also. Really debating going to a wp 120a esc with brushless motor or this. I don't care if I am only able to run 4s and not 6s. 6s Seems like to many broken parts for me.
    Go with a BL system and you won't be disappointed. It will run cooler with more power, the ESC is adjustable for Punch, Brake Strength, Timing, etc., maintanence free (except oiling the motor bearings), and it's lighter in weight. The old reason to go brushed was to keep it wasterproof but now the SC8 WP 120 amp ESC makes that a thing of the past. Also by the time you get the brushed motors, motor plate, pinions, and LVA's you'll have spent almost as much as a very nice BL system.

varunaX, sounds like your putting a load on those lipos. Might want to gear it down to make the batteries last.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have any experience with that SC8 WP 120 amp esc? I searched for it and there's barely any posts about it. I wonder why?

RC Enthusiast
    I don't still kicking around what I am going to put in it on a budget.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    Do you have any experience with that SC8 WP 120 amp esc? I searched for it and there's barely any posts about it. I wonder why?
    I don't have a WP version but I do own two water resistant SC8's. The specs are the same on both versions of the SC8. I've been running one over a year in my 3906 @ 8.6 lbs AUW and it's been flawless. The other I put in a SCT and it's been perfecto.

The SC8 WP is new so that will answer why there's not a lot in a search, but put a search in for the HobbyWing SC8 and you'll get a lot of good feed back (search in R/CTech forums). The WP version is an SC8 with the electronics sealed from the factory. The price for the quality is Excellent!

RC Qualifier
    Off topic, but how would you connect the 3 small wires on that wp esc to the mmm motor's connections?

RC Qualifier
    Off topic, but how would you connect the 3 small wires on that wp esc to the mmm motor's connections?
    Castle Creations 6.5mm bullet connectors soldered to the ESC wires.

RC poster
    VarunaX, does your body touch the motor closest to the edge so it flex out a bit? Mine does. It sux! It leaves a big gap so stones and dirt flies into the body :/

RC Champion
    what kind of speed do you get with that thing

RC poster
    I strapped my iphone with a speedometer app to mine today. I reached 47 kmh. I think thats about 35 mph. It weighs a ton so its alot of power in the machine! Ive got the same setup as the poststarter. 68 tspur and 31 t pinion. 5000 mah elite nimh.

RC Competitor
    Well thanks to no one as I just received the dual dewalts today and they are insane

The installation is real easy. I just needed to move the esc to the other side. I velcroed the receiver box to the top of the servo and screwed the esc into the box's holes. It looks clean and I like it

My car just flies now. Its the same speed as my merv on 2s, I'd have to say 35mph, so it kinda does live up to the 'midlevel brushless power' promise. I have 3s batts for my merv so I'm allowed to say this, but any faster than this is silly and mostly for showing off. this setup is money

I was debating going brushless, but I'm so glad I didn't. Not only did I save 200$ but I keep my waterproofness which is a dealbreaker for me. No outwear cover or plastidip will ever make me feel as comfy as driving my evx2 under deep puddles and streams.

Varuna - I'm a little late posting in this thread but I haven't been on here in a while except to check out the new Rally.

I have a truck similar to yours. I've been running a Kershaw Design twin 700HO kit for almost three years now with NO problems other than a couple of twisted drive shafts and some heat build up that required cutting out the front and rear windows of the body.

I drove a couple of the ERBE's and while they are fast I couldn't justify spending the money on one. After researching the KD systems I decided to buy a used E-Revo and go with the 700's. Like you I strapped my Iphone to the thing and made a few passes the best of which was 36 mph. I can't honestly tell you what pinions I'm running but I believe they are either 29's or 31's.

The truck has enough torque to do an instant back flip and pick the front wheel up anytime I want. 35-36 mph in these huge trucks is PLENTY and I did it for less than half the cost of the ERBE...