RC Racer

New 2933 charger trying to charge 2820lipo for first timer??s

I set it up for lipo 2c 2.2 max charge 7.4v. It took 45 min only charged to 950mah?? is that per cell or together?? Now it displays for you each cell's volts were good. like 4.20v each. Should i cycle it a few times? cool down in between? I thought i heard somewhere thier pack profiles are pre programmed into their charger,idk tho. Ill keep cycling it intil i get my truck running.

alot going on here..

1 C = 1 amp fo every 1000 mAh
    so a 2820 is 2.8 amps
    That is total mAh put back in the battery & that will change depending on what the starting volts are...

Why are you cycling the batts?? Lipos are to be stored at 3.8 ish volts. Check them one a week, to see if they need a little charge...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    alot going on here..

1 C = 1 amp fo every 1000 mAh
    so a 2820 is 2.8 amps
    That is total mAh put back in the battery & that will change depending on what the starting volts are...

Why are you cycling the batts?? Lipos are to be stored at 3.8 ish volts. Check them one a week, to see if they need a little charge...
    TRA2820 is a Traxxas 2S 2200mAH pack & TRA2933 is the new EZ-Peak Plus charger.

The packs probably come 50% to 60% charged. Capacity sounds correct to me.
    I'd cycle them on the truck myself. But if the charger will do it...it's your electricity.
    Cool down should not be necessary at all.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    rite on thanks, how worried should i be then if i charged a pack but havent used it yet, is it safe to let the pack charged for a day or so.

Yes, but I wouldn't let it go longer than that.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    i was reading the manual and it said only 'charge/discharge storage mode' if not using packs for a month?? I rather be safe than sorry, im having trouble falling asleep at nite even though i put both my batteries in bag downstairs, i sleep upstairs so i wouold never know...lol what should i do?

TRA2820 is a Traxxas 2S 2200mAH pack & TRA2933 is the new EZ-Peak Plus charger.

OOoooo I found the charger & tried to find the batteries, but was looking for the mAh not the p/n..ooops
    Would you go flip my truck back over??