RC poster

New User/Battery Question

New to the RC Game. I race motocross and with a lot of downtime at the track I thought that it would be a good idea to buy a car so I bought the Brushed KB.

My only issue is that I get about 10 minutes of run time out of the 1200mAh 7.2v battery. I plan on ordering the parallel connector and another battery. I ran across the a 3000mAh 7.2v battery at a LHS and thought about buying it, but I questioned if it would fit or if the higher mAh (whatever it is) would mess the car up. The voltage is the same so it should be ok, correct?

Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum!
    That 3000 mah battery wont fit. The highest mah NIMH battery i have seen is 1600. I have used both tenergy and venom 1600mah NiMH. With 2 on a parallel connecter i got about 25min of runtime. Of those two I prefered the tenery's, they may seem more pricey ($40 for 2) but they are of a much better quality than the venoms. also the venoms have this stupid universal connector that is just a pain.
    So thats it for NiMH.
    I'm not sure if you can run LiPOs in the brushed version but if you can i would definatly recommend going LiPO. I just picked up 2 2s 30c 2500mah LiPO's from SPC and absolutly love them. The price is the same as the NiMH but on 1 battery i get 25 or so min of runtime, so with two thats almost an hour. plus with lipo's there is no drop off as you run thru the pack.
    I could ramble on more but i'll stop there! Hope that helps!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.