Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Which two colors to use?

So im going to paint my first clear body and I was originally going to paint it black and silver or black and white but now I just feel like that too boring and plain and want to do something different. I still only want two colors but I dont know what to do. My friend told me to do like purple and blue or something like that and Im thinking about it but want to get some other ideas. BTW its a proline slipstream body if that helps any. This is just for opinions and ideas, Thanks!

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I prefer bright colors easy to see when running far out this is the latest one a purple/green flip flop color goes on very light hardly noticeable when you first spray it but when I sprayed the white backer the color shows thru nicely paint came in a can at our local hobby shop
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    I would suggest one "basic" color and one more uncommon color.

Black and copper
    Silver and red
    White and purple
    Black and fluorescent green
    Silver and fluorescent orange
    White and bright blue

Two plain colors is generally boring. Two atypical colors might clash.

Mainly, do what you want to do! Have fun! Post pics!

RC Qualifier
    White and a Flourescent color will give you a good looking finish, with the added bonus of being very visible at long distance.
    ERBE, Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4

RC Competitor
    Also, as an "easy way out" option that still nets some GREAT looking results, get the Pre-Printed ERBE Body and throw some Fluorescent Green or Orange on it.

Looks GREAT and you REALLY can't screw it up!

RC Racer
    Cool Thanks everyone! I'm still unsure of what two colors im going to go with but by the end of this week I should have the body painted and will post pics! Keep the suggestions coming!

RC Competitor
    I'm a huge fan of black, white and flourescent green. I know you said two colors but adding a third color is not that much more work and it really adds some pop to the two color theme. I just finished this one up on the weekend and I am really happy with the color combination.

RC Racer
    That actually looks REALLY good. Nice choice of colors!

RC Competitor
    Thank you! Good luck with yours. I'm sure it will turn out great. You know.... another combination that looks good is pink, black and white. The pink always pops with the black and white.

RC Racer
    I think you should go with light dust brown and dark mud brown so you won't know when it gets dirty.

RC Enthusiast
    ill be painting a body within the next couple days. i chose blue and white

RC Racer
    Nice, blue is one of my fav. colors. And the pink is a good thought too. I thought and blue and pink just didnt know if I'd like the turnout. If I did the browns it would probably be on a truck body.

RC Competitor
    Black and Yellow. Just cant go wrong.

RC Racer
    You cant go wrong but I feel like its too common

RC Qualifier
    Check in the erevo gallery plenty of options to give you ideals on colors

RC Qualifier
    I finished this body not too long ago... It's not an ERBE(obviously), but it shows a Blue, White, and Silver paint job...

RC Qualifier
    Looks good I like high visible colors we often run with people that have the same model its nice to be able to tell for sure which rc is yours makes it hard when 3 others have the same body & color

RC Racer
    Are you guys using white or pearl white? Will there be that much of a difference?

RC Qualifier
    I've used pearl few times seems like it just looks so much better in the sun light regular white just seems to dull but thats just me
    My wife's car is white my daughter has a pearl white different model and manufacture but the pearl is just stunning when its clean

RC Racer
    Well I just bought my first color which is Purple Anodized Aluminum! Now I need to figure out the other color I want. I'm leaning towards pearl white. Maybe a bright silver or metallic blue? I'm not sure yet but I think i'll go to the LHS tomorrow and pick it out. The only reason I ordered that one was because I got it for a good deal and had a $15 credit on my paypal so it ended up being free!!

RC Qualifier
    The white on my Stampede body above is just normal white....not pearl. Pearl looks good though!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by markarch View Post
    I'm a huge fan of black, white and flourescent green. I know you said two colors but adding a third color is not that much more work and it really adds some pop to the two color theme. I just finished this one up on the weekend and I am really happy with the color combination.

That body is a work of art. Nice job.

RC Competitor
    Thanks SummitLove!

Biggie,
    I can't wait to see what you come up with.

RC Competitor
    Oh I would love to see that purple with a copper or metallic silver! That will be SECKSY!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks Markarch, the purple I got last night has already been shipped! I hope to get it by thursday if not friday. I'm going to the LHS after work today to pick up my other color. Still unsure as to what I'm going to get but I think i'm going to get the pearl white for sure and possibly a Silver or fluorescent green and then chose from there. I will deff post up some pics when I'm finished. I hope it turns out the way I want it to considering this is my first paint job on a clear body. I did plastidip my axial 8 spoke wheels which turned out AWESOME! I bought them from ebay (they were black chrome) because the seller stated they were in GREAT condition and when I opened them up they looked HORRIBLE! So i went and bought a spray can of plastidip and sprayed them and they look brand new! I love the turn out so I hope my body turns out just as good!

RC Competitor
    Sounds cool. Do you have any pictures of your wheels that you did? I would love to see them.

There are tons of places to look for inspiration. I sometimes look at motorcycle helmet designs for some ideas. I will tell you that there are quite a few helmets that use purple in the design so you may get some direction from looking at them. But the pearl white and purple sounds good. I would add to the purple and white some black to add some stark contrast and accent the purple.

RC Qualifier
    Did these myself...

Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Racer
    Those look good Ray and thanks for the advice Markarch!

RC Racer

RC Racer
    The first two pictures are of the freshly plastidipped wheels and the last was a while ago when I added some lights to it!

RC Competitor
    Those wheels look sweet! Do you find that the plastidip is pretty durable or does it scrape off from normal abuse the wheels take on?

RC Racer
    To be honest I have yet to drive it with those wheels!! I bought my erevo brushed so in december I sent in my brushed motors and stock ESC to upgrade to the Mamba Monster 2200 combo and I have still not received anything. Apparently Castle is out of stock and has stopped production on them?!? I dont know, I just want my truck running again. I even purchased the new traxxas Lipos (7600MAH, 2S) and the traxxas charger and have yet to use any of it! Super UPSET!

RC Competitor
    That PlastiDip looks KILLER!

I think that will be how I do the rest of my wheels. Is it available in other colors or just Black?

You said the wheels were in pretty bad shape when you got them... Did you do anything to them to smooth out the flaws/damage before you coated them in PlastiDip, or did you just coat them as-is?

RC Champion
    Pretty much the simplest painting I do these days is 3 color. Main body color, accent color, and a detail color. A lot of times, your backing color can serve as your detail color just fine.

For an anodized purple kind of color, I'd suggest pairing it with a metal flake yellow of some sort [either of these two can serve as your main or accent color], with white as an accent and backing color.

For example, mask off some simple graphics or stripes so only those graphics are left untaped, spray your purple, untape the body, spray your yellow, then trim the window masks to form window frames, and back everything in white, letting the white detail the windows.
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

RC Competitor
    ^^^ This guy knows how to make paint POP!

I still haven't been brave enough to tackle window trim in any of my projects... May be my next "big step" when I paint another body.

RC Racer
    Thanks Taco and yes you can get them in different colors. I know they have a greyish and red or blue but I got mine from home depot and they only had black.

The wheels were in bad shape but mostly due to the black chrome flaking off and a few tiny scratches. I didn't due anything to them besides clean them real well with a soapy paper towel. Everything turned out perfect! Now I did one of my friends older Emaxx and his wheels were in REALLY BAD shape. I tried the same method and after several coats it came out great but all the imperfections and deep scratches were noticeable. He didnt mind it because it was WAY better than before.

RC Racer
    And I agree with you Taco, 1stGenCRXer has the right idea! I DEFF plan to have a paint job like that, but that will be when I get more experienced and it will be for a shelf display not to bash with. I hope to get it down by my 3rd one I paint.

RC Champion
    If window trim is intimidating to you, head to the craft store and get some paint markers, usually in the poster supply section. Lots of color selection, works good on lexan

Really though, all you need is a sharp hobby knife, and a little patience
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

RC Racer
    No it doesnt sound too bad. I probably wont do it on this body tho cuz like I said I'll save that for my shelf body

And patience is a gift....I hate that I lost mine....