RC Enthusiast

Replacing Bearings In Tranny

What type and weight lube should I put back in?

RC Qualifier

assuming you're just talking about the clutch support bearing, as technically there's no "transmisson" to speak of in the 4x4, just a pinion gear and a spur, just replace the bearing. that's one bearing I wouldn't bother trying to service; they're prone to failure as they put up with a lot of abuse and torque
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Enthusiast
    The bearing that the clutch slips into went out so I pulled the rear housing apart to inspect and it was pretty nasty inside. The
    bearings that fit on each side of the pinion were pretty bad so I'm replacing them as well. Just wandering what type and weight of lube I need to put back in since I cleaned all the crap out.

RC Qualifier
    I use lithium grease(from a tube, not the spray) for the ring and pinion set, I've done this for years, petroleum based grease can weaken some plastics, not the type used in the slash, but it's a habit and it works. Others use petroleum or synthetic auto grease without issue. For the bearings, I always add a little light machine oil whenever I have it apart for one reason or another, they come with oil, but it runs out, gunks up, or burns off over time, light oil will flow past the rubber seals on sealed bearings, and smooths them up well. They last a whole lot longer if you keep them clean and oiled.

RC Enthusiast
    Great, thanks for the info.

I actually lube mine every so often. i have a bearing mod. I have used the same bearing for over a year and a half. I use diff oil most of the time. I run the 2400 system on 4s, so it takes a lot of abuse. Every time I service the bearing I put it on my thread. I have gone long lengths of time ignoring it.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM