RC Enthusiast

Unhappy EzPeak didnt even make it through one Battery

Getting tired of cheap and nasty foreign chargers I decided to spend for a proper Traxxas one this time.

I brought a 4 amp AC/DC EzPeak charger new and sealed from eBay, upon first charge of a 8 cell Nimh battery it ran for about half an hour before I overhead a pop noise.. The charger had no lights present (red or green) So I quickly turned off and unpluged the charger

A bit later in a safer place I turned it on again (without a battery) an I get no light response.

Given its from eBay the 30day warranty is up so does anyone know of a solution to fix? not exactly happy paying for a charger that lasted less time then ones a third of the price..

RC Champion
    call traxxas.

RC Enthusiast
    Do they have any Australian contact numbers?

RC Qualifier
    ^Most likely not, fly to the U.S. and call! Really, go to your hobby store, and see if they can fix it. If you're not sure on where your hobby shop is, click here. Enter your zip code and it'll find 'em!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    This one?

I hope mines alright

RC Enthusiast
    Yep one of those chargers..

RC Enthusiast
    Righto, new question.. anyone know about changing fuses in them? thinking thats the best place to start. Other changers I have had just had the swap in, swap out like automotive ones, is Traxxas the same?