RC Racer

Just scored a Kyle bush...

Couldn't really come up with a Catchy Title, But anyways.. I traded my Losi SCT XXX for this "kyle bush" And it seem ok... im running my 3S 4000mah 1/10th strapped on the chassis " will order proper lipo later on... I been looking around im not finding to much info on rim's and tire combos these black slicks don't really grab worth a hoot nor body's am i really stuck with a festiva body? i honestly thought they would have many more body options ... And never seen a VXL system with a rev limiter? my VXL 1/10th didn't bounce like it had one???... Future plans are to make it faster...

I think the VXL ESCs do have a rev limiter. If you want on road, the HPI X-patterns are not bad at all.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    I have a set of X-patterns.. I Have to pick up another set. along with some rims... what does the off set need to be?

RC Qualifier
    The stock whels are +4, i have run everything from 0 to +6, and the +6 will rub the body so anymore than that prolly wont work.
    If you plan on running the x-patterns you may want to look into stiffer springs and back your pre-load off quite a bit otherwise your be diong alot of traction rolling.
    Good luck and welcome to the forum!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Qualifier
    Stocks are reported as +4, but +3's from HPI, R2 etc sit nearly the same if not wider. Anyway, I tried 5mm Spices on my Rally and they do not fit unless you run extreme camber. Recommend sticking with 3mm offset wheels. I posted some pics of these in the Rally Aftermarket Wheels thread.

+1 on HPI X patterns. Pro belted if you want super sticky precision, regular D compound if you want very good all-around handling with a little forgiveness.

Stiffer springs are essential. Get some of the 4.3 and 3.4 to try.
    The prototype project.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys, It seems these stock slicks would do the job if i could get a dry warm day.... :/ but ill look into it... I found a Few website with other 1/16th body options... are theses this popular?... i haven't been into traxxas much in all my Hobby days either losi or tamyia... but it seems like these wouldn't catch on.. i know the HPI had the Mini RS4 and they didn't last long.