Thread: Steering help??

RC Racer

Steering help??

SO i have a race next weekend its a 1/10 mile clay banked oval. tonight it was open for some practice. So I tried a few diff tires out that I had proline switches and proline suburbs and i was very loose in the turn and my rear end would spin me around as there was to much steering........ is there a way to turn down your steering everything is a stock raido and stock esc and receiver Someone said i should be able to turn down the steering there but if thats the case please explain to me how to do this thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    My slash is doing the same on a clay slick track, I have tried stock tires, calibers, subcultures, suburbs, and the stock tires from the associated sc truck. I have adjusting shocks, shock placment, I tried adjusting my driving and its a no hope case..

My only advice is, practice, practice, practice. You will get it! I have faith in you
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    and read the manual, lots of good info.

RC Racer
    If there is no help would the center diff do anything diff than the slipper...?? Or is it bc of the steering..??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the center dff might help, also adjusting the steering sensitivity.

RC Qualifier
    The center diff helps to transfer power between the front and rear. It sounds like something in your setup other than your tires is causing the oversteering problem. Are you running the battery forward or towards the rear? Also using softer rear springs will increase rear traction. If you are using the plastic steering blocks, use the rear mounting hole for your steering turnbuckle will reduce steering.

Be sure to only make one change at a time and make a test run.

RC Racer
    How do I adjust the steering sensitivity? What rear spring are softer that would help rear that fit big bore

RC Qualifier
    It is called steering exponential or expo. Page 15 in your owners manual describes how to change it.

A lot of people like the softer red T-Maxx springs (part# 4957). They will fit your big bore shocks using the larger Ultra shock upper and lower spring retainers.
    Last edited by SteveC2375; 02-04-2012 at 12:17 PM.

RC Racer
    I will look it all up when I get home I did take off my alum a arms and am gonna put the rpms back on for the race. All other things are gh alum hubs front and back alum c block and alum shock tower and I have the black sway bar on front and back.