RC Racer

need help with body clips

Ever since I put my new Proline raptor body on, I keep bending the heck out of my rear body clips. They get bent to the point that they are unusable and then just fall out. Does anyone else have this issue, and any recommendations on how to fit would be great.

RC Competitor
    Not sure body clips are meant for long term use. They're only $2 for a bag of 12. I just bought three bags and should be good for quite some time at a negligible cost.

RC Qualifier
    my body clips never do this

RC Competitor
    Mine are bent to *heck* after several runs with the stock body (and a lot of time on its lid). They still work but they're pretty bent. I figure I'll just run them til they fall off and then replace as needed.I have been curious if there are any "upgraded" body clips out there but I haven't found any as of yet.

Edit: Pretty strong word filter there.
    Last edited by Grooviemann1; 02-03-2012 at 07:26 PM.

RC Champion
    Strange, I have had the same 4 for 2 years.

RC Competitor
    Tallguy, bashing or racing? I'm sure that makes a huge difference to their longevity.

RC Enthusiast
    I bash, never race. And I haven't lost a single one. I stick a zip tie on each one for a handle, makes em easier to find if dropped.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grooviemann1 View Post
    Tallguy, bashing or racing? I'm sure that makes a huge difference to their longevity.
    Abusing.. errr bashing

RC Racer
    maybe I wasn't as specific as I should have been. My old stock body the clips lasted for 10+ full length runs with minor bending never to the point they would fall out. the new body. literally one or two laps around the track, one or two lands on the lid and they bend so bad the fall out. I know it has to do with the body posts being so close to the simulated roll bar on the body. I just haven't figured out a way to resolve the issue. Last time I was at the track for 30 mins I replaced about 8 clips.

RC Racer
    Here's a link to the body I painted. it may help show you how close the body posts are. I did a test fit before i painted matching up the wheel wells. I obviously can't re drill the holes now though.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ne-raptor-body

Personally, I think it's a poor design by proline, but I know there are many others that run the same body.

RC Racer
    I go through one or two every time I go out on my stock body, I bought a box of 100 from mcmaster-carr for like 10 bucks so I am good to go for quite a while.

Use a pair of needle nose pliers to bend them back into shape.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM