RC Competitor

SC Shock Upgrade help

Hello everyone, noob here. I have had my slacs 4x4 for 2 months and have started to get my truck ready for the short course tracks. So far I have bought (2) traxxas 2s 7600 mah batteries, ESC cooling fan, and jconcepts bar codes blue compound. I just started a membership at the local SC track and am pretty disappointed in the way my truck handles. a lot of the guys out there have losi's and team associated and those thinks look dialed in. I have adjusted the stock slash shocks and have had better results but I really think its time to upgrade. Whats the best shocks out there? I have seen people talk about Losi and Proline Power Strokes. I also read the Steve Slayden post and it says to just upgrade the springs. Havent seen too much talk about the Traxxas Big Bore Alum. Shocks. What is the general thought around here. Thanks guys!

RC Racer
    powerstrokes have nothing but good reviews.
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG

RC Racer
    sc10 4x4 shocks are awesome once setup. There are many threads explaining how it works. New set off ebay for $60 instead of $100 for the powerstrokes. Plus the spring sets are cheaper for the sc10 4x4s.
    From parts UNKNOWN

RC poster
    Slayden recommends the Traxxas big bores here. http://traxxas.com/pitpass/hopup/new...-Slash-Project.

RC Competitor
    I've got the big bores on mine, made a huge difference in handling on a track. Changed the springs following the slayden setup and that helped too. Big bores might be the way to go from what I have seen, but just my opinion

My Proline shocks are awesome! Made a huge difference over the stock ultra's.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    Thanks Guys! Just ordered the Big Bores and some shock oil.

RC Enthusiast
    I've got integy piggyback aluminums, I am using 2 hole valves and actually heavy tmaxx springs on them.. I really, really like the way it stays glued to the ground, also using black sway bars front and back, perfectly level and tight suspension carves corners like a knife.. I know people generally dont like the integy stuff.. but when youve got time to experiment and dial them in.. they are pretty sweet.

RC Competitor
    Well hope I can get the Big Bores dialed in. I ordered a pack of losi oil that has weights 20-45 so I guess when I get the order in next week I'll have some practicing to do!

RC Competitor
    My big bores were an instant incredible difference over stock. My turing radius dropped, I can hit smaller bumps and divits without worrying about the truck flipping. You will love them!

RC Racer
    Just get Aluminum shock bodies ans shock caps. Use the Piston and shaft of the stock Traxxas shocks. I did that and it works great and much cheaper!

RC Qualifier
    i run rear red tmaxx springs with a big spacer, and fuel tubing on the shaft so it doesnt bottom out, and i run rustler white rustler fronts with a medium spacer. is really good for a bashing setup
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprovEverywherE View Post
    i run rear red tmaxx springs with a big spacer, and fuel tubing on the shaft so it doesnt bottom out, and i run rustler white rustler fronts with a medium spacer. is really good for a bashing setup
    What is fuel tubing?

RC Competitor
    It is the tube the routes the fuel on nitro trucks. All rc hobby shops carry it.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.491379,-111.881942
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk