RC Enthusiast

VXL3S or MMP or RX8

Hi Guys
    I recently was forced to purchase a new motor. my 3500 vilenion delaminated and is on the way to Texas and i could not wait for the return of a new one because i was going out of town. Anyway I ended up with the only thing in town a Novak HV 4.5t. I am running it with the vxl3s. I have been told that I should run the RX8 and I have read on the forum that quite a few people run the MMP. In my research i found that continuous amp from the RX8 was 210 and the vxl3s is 200 and i could not find what the MMP is. The Motor runs ok with the vxl however i was expecting more punch and im dissapointed in run time. however i am farely happy with temps. I was contimplaiting changing my esc for two reasons, one more punch, two to have a vxl set up for a new project. My question is, is it worth it to shell out the dow for such a small power difference? If so wich one?Am i gonna see more punch? How much? I use my truck to bash on 3s from time to time and run on a indoor clay track on a 2s. Thanks for the imput!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Since that motor is sensored it will be great to run it with a sensored wire and the proper esc, the MMP will be enough to run that motor.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    Since that motor is sensored it will be great to run it with a sensored wire and the proper esc, the MMP will be enough to run that motor.
    As I said I am running the vxl3s wich is sensored and I am running the sensor. I am not looking to find an esc to be "enough" i am looking for an upgrade from the vxl3 and just not sure the other two mentioned are worth the cost of the upgrade in performance difference. Or if i should just stay with the vxl

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The MMP is way better, than the velienon esc it can run up to 6s lipo, it support 1/8 scale motor, and it will run cooler. IMO it is an upgrade well worth the money.

RC Enthusiast
    so whats the deal with the programing on the mmp? do you need a laptop with a special cable and software. do these things come with the esc or are they an extra charge? can u make changes without a laptop at the track? and also will it work with my traxxas 2.4ghz system as a plug and play?

RC Enthusiast
    anyone else have some input?

RC Enthusiast
    The MMP is the ESC, you don't need a computer but it is alot easier to program with one and the cable/plug. Yes the Traxxas 2.4 will work with it. Software is free from Castle. ANy other ???

Matt

The MMP is excellent with the Novak sc motors! I had a MMP connected to a Novak sc 5.5. Wow talk about power and smooth takeoff! It turns the Slash into a crawler. The will love the MMP
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    ive got a rx8 in my slash 4x4 with a t8 2250 kv an ill just say wow it screams

RC Enthusiast
    thx for the input guys im new to the game but im all in so the more info the better. it looks like ill go with the MMP.