RC Qualifier

Truck pulls to the Right Any Ideas

My slayer pro out of the box no matter how I played with the shocks toe in or toe out, locked rear or open rear when I crack the throttle wide open on dirt or asphault it will always pull to the right. Anybody exsperance this and if so how did they fix it.

RC Competitor
    All 3 of mine do it, might just be a characteristic of the truck. I just counter steer it. Maybe away bars would help. Wouldn't hurt to try it

RC Qualifier
    Center diff will fix that

RC Champion
    My rig pulls to the side too, but as wisely stated by Slayer17 in another thread: "If you can drive the Slayer pro you can drive anything" haha, it's true.
    Just takes some practice, and I can see how a center differential would help.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to figure out why this deal pulls to the rite. I can see on dirt but when you have a locked rear end in it, it should go straight special on asphault. Hmmm wonder if my tires need air?

RC Qualifier
    Ill say it again. Center diff will take care ot that. I have 2 slayer pro. One with a center diff and one without. Night and day. I had a rear spool and it did track straight but would spin out coming out of turns.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    My slayer pro out of the box no matter how I played with the shocks toe in or toe out, locked rear or open rear when I crack the throttle wide open on dirt or asphault it will always pull to the right. Anybody exsperance this and if so how did they fix it.
    Then your wheel alignment is off, I would check to see if you have an even amount of toe on both sides when the wheel is straight and you are normal riding height...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    I just checked the alignment and it was off. I adjusted everything so tomorow I will test it and see if it will go straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Then your wheel alignment is off, I would check to see if you have an even amount of toe on both sides when the wheel is straight and you are normal riding height...

RC Qualifier
    Ok center diff installed and the steering toe in and out is correct and it still pulls pretty good the rite. Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

On a perfectly level pavement, both tires messure the same with the spool in it truck perfectly straight you crack the throttle from a dead stop and it pulls realy good to the rite.
    Quote Originally Posted by emraiders81 View Post
    Ill say it again. Center diff will take care ot that. I have 2 slayer pro. One with a center diff and one without. Night and day. I had a rear spool and it did track straight but would spin out coming out of turns.
    Last edited by slayer17; 02-04-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Pulling to one side or the other is a wheel alignment issue. Not an issue of whether or not you have a spool or center diff. Now you may notice a difference with the center diff as it changes the power loads from front to rear. Using this to correct the issue is just putting a band aid on the problem. Also it would be a good idea to check for any binding or bearings that may be failing. The best way to get wheel alignment is to square the wheels straight with the chassis. It's difficult to do but can be done. Then set your toe. You want toe in on the rear and toe out up front. I usually run about 1/16" to an 1/8" inch toe in for the rear and the same amount toe out in the front and it tracks straight. Most people will use degrees as a measuring reference but I'm old school and would rather use a more "real world" figure of measurement in inches.

RC Enthusiast
    it this is only happening at full throttle, could it be torque steer? a common problem on high HP front wheel drive cars.

RC Qualifier
    WOW even with centerdiff and spoll.. Ok swap your rear wheels and bearings around and check your axles to make sure there both fine. See what that does.

RC Competitor
    Did you adjust the steering trim?.

RC Qualifier
    Yes the truck goes straight as a arrow if you slowly get on power and slowly get into it wide open. you could take your hands off the control and it goes straight. It's only when you crack it wide open from a dead stop that it jerks to the rite and you have to steer out if it. I have a 10 year Old t-max with a crazy Pico .26 in it and I can crack that wide open from the start and it goes straight. Rember this is on perfectly level concreate and asphault with the spool in it. I tried making it 2wd by removing the front drive shaft to see what it would do, that was realy funny the truck wouldn't go any were and just do 360s it wouldmake a good drifting deal
    Quote Originally Posted by flashnitro View Post
    Did you adjust the steering trim?.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwaug View Post
    it this is only happening at full throttle, could it be torque steer? a common problem on high HP front wheel drive cars.
    No there should not be any torque steer, if so it should be so very slight...

If you are sure your alignment is good (because that's THE classic symptom of it not being aligned) then check your toe links, hingepins, and the inner and outer axle carrier bearings.

About the only other thing I can think of is something in the driveline is binding when torque is applied. PRobably the same side it wants to turn towards......
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    OK I have been playing with everything and now it pulls to the left a little bit then goes back to pulling to the rite. Im begining to think it's torqueing to the rite