RC Qualifier

Different Wheels

So I wonder if these will fit the XO-1?

Hello my name is Matt and i'm addicted to Traxxas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sure they will... the hangup is the diameter. The XO tires are 4.3, which is just a bit bigger than anything I've found on the market yet.

Smaller diameter wouldn't be a big issue on most cars, but Traxxas made it difficult to increase the ride height on the XO.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have a idea what the white dish ones will be? I'm figuring like what tourers run but they re super boring, I want the type of shoes that I posted above cause they actually look quite good. And on a black XO-1 it's all gravy mate..

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.470870,153.025310
    Hello my name is Matt and i'm addicted to Traxxas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well from what I can tell Proline Road Rage tires are the closest in height so far. Close enough that they should work, and I've run them on my ERBE...

You could buy RR tires, and whatever rim you want.

I know traxxas is releasing some options wheels, but like you said I think they're plain dish wheels in white or black. Blah.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    eBay slicks vs road rages vs stock.

The road rages are definitely an option.

Then just for fun, the flush edition!

RC Enthusiast
    ewwwwwwww the last pic looks horrible, ahahahahah wow.

RC Competitor
    Here's some various tire/wheel pre-mount height/width measurements for comparison:

- Sweep GT belted rubber on black 5-spoke (like pic in 1st post) - 100 cm tall/42.2 cm wide
    - Ipanema belted rubber on white BBS (rear) - 100 cm/47 cm
    - OFNA Foam on white 8-spoke - 104 cm/38.5 cm
    - Proline Road Rage (w/AKA hard inserts) on AKA white buggy wheels - 113 cm/45.5 cm
    - Traxxas XO-1 (rear) - 110 cm/51 cm
    - Traxxas XO-1 (front) - 110 cm/42.5 cm

Haven't had a chance to run any yet, but hope to soon. The Proline's are the closest in size to stock, but may have to be taped to prevent ballooning as the rears are no more than a couple of mm from the chassis wheel openening.
    Last edited by Spain; 02-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.

RC Competitor
    Here are a few pics -

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice! I think my wheels didn't have enough offset. Your RR look perfect to me.

Great pics Spain!!!

Im diggn those Sweep GT wheels/tires. First time ive seen those. Gonna look into em for my Road Rusty. Spain, what are ur thoughts on those?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    Sure they will... the hangup is the diameter. The XO tires are 4.3, which is just a bit bigger than anything I've found on the market yet.

Smaller diameter wouldn't be a big issue on most cars, but Traxxas made it difficult to increase the ride height on the XO.
    Ducatti, Didnt that contradict your statement? if Traxxas are a bit bigger than anything u have found on the market, That would mean that other wheels/tires would "lower" the vehicle if u put on smaller ones.

U had said that it was made difficult to increase ride height. Smaller diameter wheels would lower the vehilce, so there should be no issues right....

RC Competitor
    If too low, may cause interference with chassis, body, etc. dragging ground.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Gonna look into em for my Road Rusty. Spain, what are ur thoughts on those?
    I run Sweep GT's on my on-road 1/8 scale GT car (Inferno GT). Work great on asphalt. Love the look!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spain View Post
    If too low, may cause interference with chassis, body, etc. dragging ground.
    Right, so if I have to go smaller, like my eBay slicks, I want to raise the suspension

Be warned, anything other than Traxxas-mounted XO-1 slicks are likely to come off the wheels at 100+mph (if not lower speeds)

If you're mounting your own tires, you MUST clean the mounting areas of the tires and wheels, scuff these areas, remove any dust/particles from scuffing, then glue the tires using premium CA--not the cheap stuff.

Even if you glue your tires properly, if they aren't belted tires, they will likely shred, leaving perfectly glued rubber rings on your rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
    Be warned, we made everything a funny size in an attempt to corner you into using only Traxxas products.

Fixed that for you pete!

But don't worry, we're not expecting you guys to warranty another manufacturer's product... but this is just another case of Traxxas attempting to corner the market. I don't blame you guys, its a business afterall, just frustrating for the end user.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lulz... I was thinking about this at lunch.

Traxxas thinks they're so clever, that they use a funny 17mm hex. Only in this case it acheives the exact opposite of what they're going for. Instead of preventing a person from fitting aftermarket wheels to a Traxxas vehicle like a maxx or revo, it just makes it so NO ONE ELSE can use Traxxas wheels.

So then they put developement into the XO-1 tires, and they're great tires. But instead of selling them to every speed freak out there, Traxxas has made it difficult for anyone to use these tires on a non traxxas vehicle....

lulz. Hows that one workin out Traxxas?

RC Racer
    Seeing as ive ran 100 MPH cars for many years i can tell you PETEV has a 100% true statement.

The ipanemas will reach 100MPH but they will eventual crap out and it wont take that long, i know someone going thru a set of those tires ever 2 weeks.........it adds up quickly the internal foam isn't meant to hold that speed the rubber stays in tact the foam tears apart internally

The sweep are essentially RACE GT TIRES, just like the ipanemas, there meant for racing not high speed they will not last long at 100MPH. They last as long as the ipanemas at high speed BOTH seep AND ipanemas are great GREAT racing tires but for high speed there cost adds up to quickly to keep replacing them at those speeds.

The ofna foams just suck PERIOD, they barely hold up after 70+ ive had several explode on my on nitro high speed set ups. I don't think ofna glues them they just double sided taped on, you can literally peal the foam off the rims with you hands no problem with out much force at all.

And the proline road rages!? really, those things will not last ONE OUTTING AT 100MPH proline uses to soft of a rubber that will simply explode that fast. Risk your car if you want but i know those road rages will not work not to mention out of all the tires listed those are prolly the WORST thing you could use.....Have you seen how they expand at high speed?! image 100MPH I bet they'll expand so far to hit the aero stuff around the chassis.

The only prove 100MPH tires besides the traxxas wheels are the GRP wheels which are exactly 4 inches tall. Ive had a set for 2 years now running almost every weekend at +100MPH and there still going strong. Its that or nothing Ive tryed them all.

Foams wise the BSR foams are much better quality than the ofna, im not sure on the height tho......unfortunantly ive only see one set of BSR foams run in person and i don't know if something was wrong with the car or it was the tires but they sounded like they where tearing apart even tho they never did. It could be thats just the way they sound and they would last for ever like that but who knows. BSR has made many high speed tires that have gone to ISC speed challange and has had success. Id like to give them a chance on my buggies, but on the XO-1 im sure they'll be smaller and then you'd need to raise the car, plus smaller tires equals smaller speed ETC ETC ETC. and seeing as the XO-1 is already maxes out on gearing any smaller tire will turn it into a 90+ or - mph car and not 100MPH and we cant have that can we?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by MiamizFinest; 02-03-2012 at 04:51 PM.

RC Champion
    +1^ IMO road rages are way to soft.

RC Competitor
    HPI makes some wheels for their monster trucks that are the same size as the xo-1 wheels and same diameter as the rear wheels from my research just not sure if they are the correct offset or not. Since I am building an xo-1 I am trying to find some other options for tire sizes atleast wider for the rear and marginally wider for the front. Hey traxxas why dont you come out with some other options as well wider and different designs as well so we aren't stuck with just 2 to choose from

RC poster
    what is name of the 4th wheel

RC Racer
    Spain:
    Thanks for the measurements and pictures, they really helped me.

Could you do me a big favor and also compare the weight of the different wheels?

RC Champion
    this also helped me too. Im having a hard time enjoying my XO-1 because the stock tires arent gripping the roads i run on. It's sliding out too much during mid throttle.