Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Racer

VIDEO: 101 MPH...enough said

Here is the moment you have all been waiting for a true triple digit run... Enjoy!

This was the bare minimum on space. I was having to force the car into a slide to stop before it got to the next street, pretty fun actually.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice speed run, the best I've seen so far most end either on a crash or the car goes flying.

RC Champion
    Can you verify with a GPS?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

As that thing passed by I was like

The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    The speed is impressive! The braking is outrageous. You covered both quite nicely, congrats

RC Enthusiast
    Great runs! I have yet to push it over 70. Mainly due to space.

Any thoughts on why it was veering to the left at the end of each run? I am debating about adding a gyro before I try 100mph.

RC Racer
    by far the best ive seen

RC Qualifier
    That was a sweet run! I love the fact that you were able to do that with that amount of space.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by iaanr View Post
    Great runs! I have yet to push it over 70. Mainly due to space.

Any thoughts on why it was veering to the left at the end of each run? I am debating about adding a gyro before I try 100mph.
    Most of the veering to the left at the end was me on the breaks and guiding it that way incase I had to ditch in grass instead of running into next street. I see no need for the gyro, just lots of room

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    The speed is impressive! The braking is outrageous. You covered both quite nicely, congrats
    Yeah the braking was interesting. I probably need to dial the brake up a little. I was forced to out it in a slide a couple times to stop fully.

RC Qualifier
    Nice run! Great job!

RC Champion
    Wow, that is absolutely nuts. I swear it didnt look that fast on the Traxxas promo video Huge difference between the first run of 92 and the 101 pass......AWESOME

RC Qualifier
    Well who ever had doubts her you go lol. After seeing that vid I have to question all the other vids with different cars I have seen who claim 100, that was really moving out

Now that's expert driving

RC Enthusiast
    By far the best I've seen, finally somebody taking it all the way with no flipping, sliding, or anything. I love the fact it's so quiet, this guy must have it dialed in real good......

RC Qualifier
    I wana see one doing donuts,btw nice driving
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Qualifier
    Good job. That was the best one I've seen so far. Good camera work too, not all shaky.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

Quote Originally Posted by FloJo View Post
    101MPH claim and no speed gun , gps , or even the i-whatever , cmon now U know better then this
    lol. Its NOT a Rustler. What about the his remote, the internet, Traxxas, Fellow users, and um ya the BOX etc etc etc etc.. lol. Its not a Rustler claiming 100mph. Its no suprise to anyone its going 100mph. it says so on the BOX lol. Its not like hes claiming speeds of 130mph. No one is doughting it. U can see just how fast that thing is going by, especially that second to last run.

Great speed run and vid. That thing is a true missile. Really awesome.. Definaly needs a long stretch of road, thats for sure. I cant wait to get mine.

Id do my best to try and eliminate any slop so it doesnt, or at least minimize any veering to one side or the other when breaking. Like it was going to the left. Thanks for posting the vids! That road is short for sure. I picture trying to get a 1:1 scale vehicle from 0-100 and back to 0 on that stretch and thatd be tough.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 02-03-2012 at 02:25 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Just like any other kind of motorsports..."Power is nothing without the right driver", good video dude and forget them haters.

RC Competitor
    Nice video!

How about some setup info? Stock batteries? Diff oil? Shock oil?

Cheers

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    lol. Its NOT a Rustler. What about the his remote, the internet, Traxxas, Fellow users, and um ya the BOX etc etc etc etc.. lol. Its not a Rustler claiming 100mph. Its no suprise to anyone its going 100mph. it says so on the BOX lol. Its not like hes claiming speeds of 130mph. No one is doughting it. U can see just how fast that thing is going by, especially that second to last run.

Great speed run and vid. That thing is a true missile. Really awesome.. Definaly needs a long stretch of road, thats for sure. I cant wait to get mine.

Id do my best to try and eliminate any slop so it doesnt, or at least minimize any veering to one side or the other when breaking. Like it was going to the left. Thanks for posting the vids! That road is short for sure. I picture trying to get a 1:1 scale vehicle from 0-100 and back to 0 on that stretch and thatd be tough.
    Are you serious, so if I buy a Ferrari and say I drove 200 but show you a known inaccurate method for calculating the speed you say that's alright because it's rated to go that fast. The point many are making is that it's been shown many times over the TX speed is for reference and is in fact not very accurate, with a factual claim in the title of the thread back it up with something real.

RC Competitor
    nice job right there...
    I AM A R/C CHICK 1/16 kyle busch, 1/10 2012 summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino View Post
    Are you serious, so if I buy a Ferrari and say I drove 200 but show you a known inaccurate method for calculating the speed you say that's alright because it's rated to go that fast. The point many are making is that it's been shown many times over the TX speed is for reference and is in fact not very accurate, with a factual claim in the title of the thread back it up with something real.
    OMG!!!! His title and controller said 101mph but thats not accurate he needs to prove it went that fast! I want timed distance, radar, laser & GPS verified by guiness. It's OBVIOUSLY really fast. Maybe it only really went 97mph, in which case it's total junk and a class action Lawsuit should be launched against Traxxas and this "Powers" guy for misrepresentation.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw RC 2 View Post
    Just like any other kind of motorsports..."Power is nothing without the right driver", good video dude and forget them haters.
    Thanks bro, the haters are entertaining. You'd think I slapped there mamma or something. I'm on the hunt for a better bigger spot. Also on the hunt for new tires soon too been doin too much bashin haha

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spain View Post
    Nice video!

How about some setup info? Stock batteries? Diff oil? Shock oil?

Cheers
    Everything was stock..other than the driver of course haha

RC Racer
    It's not really that many complaining compared to those that enjoy the video for what it was. The TQi is within 1-3 mph of my gps...does it really mean that much to you?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    Thanks bro, the haters are entertaining. You'd think I slapped there mamma or something. I'm on the hunt for a better bigger spot. Also on the hunt for new tires soon too been doin too much bashin haha
    Why do people hang around here just to hate on our ride lol. They claim they have one but if you have nothing good to say about the Xo-1 why would you drop more than a grand on it???? Hmmm
    Not saying no names but you dont have to lie guys

RC Champion
    It would be interesting to see what speed a GPS would show against the telemetry speed. The telemetry doesn't show speed over ground as such, it shows wheel speed. Over a shorter distance the GPS may be more accurate

Nice video powers - looks very quick & on a narrow runway like that takes some skill & bravery!

RC Enthusiast
    nice bro!!!!!

RC Champion
    One issue with his video is he didn't show the TX. Also it has been beat to death that most wanna see verified speeds via GPS, radar, etc.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

Traxxas Employee sofasticantseeit's Avatar
    Nice run! People will always have something negative to say. Just dont get drug into it with them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    OMG!!!! His title and controller said 101mph but thats not accurate he needs to prove it went that fast! I want timed distance, radar, laser & GPS verified by guiness. It's OBVIOUSLY really fast. Maybe it only really went 97mph, in which case it's total junk and a class action Lawsuit should be launched against Traxxas and this "Powers" guy for misrepresentation.
    If I replaced the Traxxas with MaxAmps I'd be flashing back to the same crazy Zealot talk that they are famous for. I should have made it clear that I respect the video but the "enough said" in the title definitely screams for a good factual conversation, especially when others are on here talking about how inaccurate the TX speed can be. Instead of engaging in a good conversation on the topic you simply get to criticize those asking questions. In my case I commented on the silly post I quoted.

Asking even reasonable questions doesn't make anyone a hater and if you want to have that kind of 5 year old attitude I guess this might be the forum to do it on.

RC Qualifier
    If I replaced the Traxxas with MaxAmps I'd be flashing back to the same crazy Zealot talk that they are famous for. I should have made it clear that I respect the video but the "enough said" in the title definitely screams for a good factual conversation, especially when others are on here talking about how inaccurate the TX speed can be. Instead of engaging in a good conversation on the topic you simply get to criticize those asking questions. In my case I commented on the silly post I quoted.

Asking even reasonable questions doesn't make anyone a hater and if you want to have that kind of 5 year old attitude I guess this might be the forum to do it on.
    Patrino I am just wondering why do you hang around if you are just going to talk bad about the Xo-1.
    And By the way did you buy one like you said? I have not heard anything from
    you confirming you did so??
    Last edited by Kitchen; 02-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Traxxas Employee sofasticantseeit's Avatar

It's this simple. If you do not like his video or post, that's fine. If you feel that he did not adequately provide enough documentation for your personal taste, then make one of your own, with all of the bells and whistles verifying speed with GPS, ambient temp, humidity, sea level, wind speed/direction and so fourth...what ever you wish to document. But until you have a video that pleases you, stop with downing other users for having fun posting runs that make THEM happy.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sofasticantseeit View Post
    It's this simple. If you do not like his video or post, that's fine. If you feel that he did not adequately provide enough documentation for your personal taste, then make one of your own, with all of the bells and whistles verifying speed with GPS, ambient temp, humidity, sea level, wind speed/direction and so fourth...what ever you wish to document. But until you have a video that pleases you, stop with downing other users for having fun posting runs that make THEM happy.
    Could not have said it better, thanks

RC Champion
    At what part of the street are you at wide open throttle. Before the car gets to you or just as it passes by ?
    I assume you are not a wot from the start.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrocker View Post
    At what part of the street are you at wide open throttle. Before the car gets to you or just as it passes by ?
    I assume you are not a wot from the start.
    I was on approx. 800 ft of thin 2 lane rd, i was standing at about half way, wot was usually around 200 ft and i was gettin on breaks at 600ft, at least that's what I was tryin to do. the first run I got on it late. You can't just wrip it and grip it,you have to roll on the throttle and at the beginning you gotta give small steering inputs to get her goin' straight and by the time she's wot she's flyin straight! Then it's time to stop haha

RC Champion
    Cool , looks like a wicked blast.
    I figured it would be like driving my maxx on 6s. Too much throttle and your on your lid.
    How are the tires holding up ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    Patrino I am just wondering why do you hang around if you are just going to talk bad about the Xo-1.
    And By the way did you buy one like you said? I have not heard anything from
    you confirming you did so??
    Hmm, over $20K in RC gear, most of it Traxxas aside from my 1/5 scale e-baja and fleet of helis only because Traxxas doesn't make them. I am a Traxxas fan by most accounts and own more then most but I also enjoy a good discussion and apparently even basic questions expose hens chirping away, so be it.

Have I bought one yet, yes it's in the mail hopefully shipped yesterday but I don't have the tracking number from the seller yet.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bentrocker View Post
    Cool , looks like a wicked blast.
    I figured it would be like driving my maxx on 6s. Too much throttle and your on your lid.
    How are the tires holding up ?
    It's not so much that you'd be on your lid, with this car you'd be sideways which is fun to watch till the car realizes it's not supposed to drive sideways then your on your lid haha.

As for tire wear, it's all relative to the type of driving. If you stick to speed runs you'll likely see more life, but this car is to tempting not to bash a little, and drifting and peeling out etc can wear them faster. All i can say is I've had tires go from far less use not to mention speed. Although I will backtrack and say this thing is literally a tire shredder so even these tires days are numbered.

RC Qualifier
    Hmm, over $20K in RC gear, most of it Traxxas aside from my 1/5 scale e-baja and fleet of helis only because Traxxas doesn't make them. I am a Traxxas fan by most accounts and own more then most but I also enjoy a good discussion and apparently even basic questions expose hens chirping away, so be it.

Have I bought one yet, yes it's in the mail hopefully shipped yesterday but I don't have the tracking number from the seller yet.
    So let me get this right, you have talked about the build quality, and that you think the car will float and potentially flip at around 70-75mph.....
    your words
    Padrino Forum History:The quality control issues concern me a bit, especially because of the relatively small number of people with an XO-1 that are active on the forums, it leads me to believe there may be some standing quality issues with manufacturing.)

Padrino Forum History:
    Based on my experiences I expect approaching 70-75mph (GPS measured) it will start to float a little bit and be susceptible to a flip).
    What's disappointing is the indications that Traxxas may not have properly equipped the XO-1 with proper bearings. I'm all about replacing bearings eventually but within the first couple of runs?)

__________________________________________________ _________________________
    and you base it on your experiences but, you don't have any
    experience with it because you don't own the car Reality is: drive the car before you bad mouth it.
    Last edited by Kitchen; 02-03-2012 at 10:10 PM.