RC Qualifier

Storage mode question

When I put a new LiPo into storage mode, how long will it hold that charge? If I am not going to be using it for a month or so, will it be ok? Or do I need to redo the storage mode charge every so many days?

What did you store it at? You should store it at 3.85 ish volts per cell. Then check the voltage about once a week. If it is a little low charge it back to storage volts....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Don't have a LiPo yet. Though I might get one now (on sale) to use in the spring when the weather breaks a little. I just bought a Venom Pro Charger (haven't even opened it yet) that has storage mode, how do you check your voltages? Do most chargers show the individual cell voltages when you plug it in or do I need to use a multimeter? Guess I should pull out the manual! lol

Thanks!

RC Champion
    Definitely read the manual on your charger. To use storage mode, you need to make sure you use the balance ability of your charger, plug in the main battery harness as well as the balance plug to the balance board.

As for storage over long periods, I'm routinely away from home for a month or more at a time, and always leave my packs at storage charge. I have a high end charger that can check internal resistance [the most repeatable "battery health" check there is right now], and the packs still show healthy numbers after a couple years of being at storage levels for a month, raced hard for a month, stored a month, etc.
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

RC Qualifier
    Thank you for your help