Thread: Slayer 2.5

RC Competitor

Slayer 2.5

Anyone else done it?

So a friend of mine bought a gen 1 slayer a few months ago. Runs great fun little truck but didnt handle well on a track so it was 1/8 buggy wheel and tire time! Worked great, blew a clutch spring, changed it, worked great again. He got a new rustler recently runs awesome. Anyway the 3.3 on the slayer threw off the E clip on the crank while it was running the other day, so the front bearing fell out then the bell rubbed on the spur gear and did a number on everything but the parts are still good. So we did what anyone would do. Pulled the motor off the rustler, changed the bells, and slapped the 2.5 on this slayer. Runs amazing, it's a perfect combo plenty of speed and control on the street. Haven't taken it to the track just yet because of rain. really worth doing if you have ever considered doing it go for it. Soon atleast one of my slayer pros will have a 2.5r on it

Also put some holeshots on the stock rims in holes to make it handle a little better the the buggy wheels but will see what happens

Questions /comments welcome
    Thanks for reading
    Blue504life

RC Champion
    I haven't put a 2.5 in my Slayer, but I will definitely consider putting one in when the engine I currently run wears out.

How much of a difference do the buggy tires have on handling? I've been looking for some new shoes for mine
    Thanks!
    Matthew 7:7

RC Competitor
    Awesome. It would be nice to see a few 2.5 conversions out there.

The buggy tires help with grip on a hard packed track (of course) the gen 1 slayer rolls a whole lot more with the buggy wheels I'm guessing due to the extra height and less tire roll. Slayer pro is a good Match to the buggy wheels because of the extra width it has. But this is just guesses from what I have seen between the 3 slayers (2 pro) ive run with them on it could be wrong about everything

RC Competitor
    whats the botom end power like, i recently rebuilt my engine but on hard pack it just skates round for a bit befor it grips
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall