RC poster

How does the ken block handle

Ive heard the ken block is no fun because it spins out and hard to control. Is this true. I have a post in the revo section. I'm undecided between the two. Does the car perform better as a road car with better tires? Also which is more fun for mainly onroad use. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    The kb, the rally, fiesta, Boss 302, and kyle busch are all the same except for the body/bodymounts/front foam with the only exception being the rally's tire are a bit different and the wheels are different on all of them
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC poster
    Read my other post. I ordered the rally. Thanks to you brother.

RC Enthusiast
    yes it does spin out, yes it drifts great, but when you get up to 40-50 mph on this thing, its like having ice skates, and i have seen alot of videos where the car cant keep straight and ends up in a curb real quick, when i ever i even hit the brakes gently, it just spins in circles and you better hope nothing is there, i also own a rustler vxl and slash and they have never done this. the same thing can be said on most slick tires, same for the 4tec nitro, have seen this many times, it all has to do with the tires, no tread means distaster if something is in the way.
    Last edited by DiecastBoy; 02-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i've also found that a center diff helps, and you can always pick up a gyro to keep it strait
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC poster
    The gyro might seem like cheating but makes holding a drift look a lot easier. It's something to consider. Can I just change the
    Fluid to make the diff lock up. (I have a lot to learn)

RC Qualifier
    the number one thing i found with my rally is the stock tires are useless. I suggest either getting dedicated drift tires or dedicated traction tires or both. The stockers grip to much for drifting but will slip and slide when trying to drive racey.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Enthusiast
    With the block I recon it handles awesome on the right surface . U just gota tweak the steering and learn what it does. I've had lot of fun with this thing in stocks and can drift with it easy (with a lipo). I also have high grips and find them hard to use .. I have to slow right down to make a turn or she flips like crazy. Mad fun. Check out my YouTube videos (see my posts).

Very fun car. Although I need new front lower suspension arm after she went off a bank at a bmx track and hit tire bank *sad face*

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I personally have had a fun experience with the KB. I wanted a true rally car, not a drifter, not a carpet racer, but something I could take to our 10th scale track, and run some laps on the dirt course, then switch to carpet tires and have some run on that also. This car is a jack of all so it will have some shortcomings the way I have it set up. Handling is certainly interesting as it does have a sort wheelbase. I have a build thread but I pulled off all un-necessary plastic stuff. I run a 3s lipo which gets plenty power to the tires so I shoved the esc and rx inside the battery compartment on the opposite side to lower COG. I then put in a center diff. I also went way higher on the front diff to get more pull out of it. I think I might have even dropped the rear diff some. I have pulled my shock limiters, and am running red springs soft up front and the stock rears in back but I mess with ride height depending on the surface. I have a lot of fun running this at the track on dirt and get some pretty funny looks. I have absolutely beat the snot out of it and been hit by about every 4x4 sc truck out there and have yet to break anything. Can you find a better car for a specific purpose. I am convinced you can but this sure is a fun do it all.

RC Qualifier
    the extra $50 for a Rustler VXL would have been a much better choice... I have a Rustler and a Slash, I really want a KB Rally (and a Stampede too lol) but I would never choose it over either of the 2 Ive got
    Rustler VXL
    Two Slash 4x4 VXL's
    Spartan Boat