Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    didnt do much lately, as i am waiting for my esc replacement i did this yesterday:

and omg its amazing

long live the hobby

RC Competitor
    That's elegant right there

RC Champion
    Oooooo I'm jealous fusion!!!!!! That looks like fun!!!

I decided it was time to build one of these. The bolts are 6x75mm, 6mm washers, loc nuts and yes those are old drive cups as spacers.

RC poster
    I've got mine out of the van and im currently looking at a huge pile of caked on mud n dirt and thinking to myself where to begin? Any does/don't hints n tips when it comes to cleaning up an rc? I'm new to it all so it's been one steep learning curve throwing myself in with my 6s powered truck... But loving every minute of it

RC Qualifier
    Mounted new wheels & tires

Fitted new center shafts to match the axles
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Racer
    got a dynamite rc wheel balancer

RC Competitor
    Just threw the wheelie bar on

RC Qualifier
    ordered a PArma Lid, bought a wheelie bar, and shoe goo for the old lid...

RC Racer
    This didn't just happen today but over the last 2 days. VTR 1/2 offset wheels and taped badlands,tekno swaybars,VDP shock kit,19mm wheel base extention a arms,and a center diff. All of this made the WAY DIFFERENT!!!! This thing handles like a dream now. money well spent.
    Of all things I lost I miss America the most!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    decided to do the rear brace mod
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Started by tearing the whole truck apart... VDK for the shocks, 60 wt oil all around, Extended wheelbase A arms in the rear, Shimmed the diffs, Replaced the bulkheads, Installed a 2-speed tranny, New spur gear (62t), Did the brass insert mod to solve the wheel wobble problem, Replaced the rear diff ring while I was in there, Taped and mounted Trenchers on 8-spokes. I think that's all...

After taking this truck completely apart and putting it back together, I'm pretty amazed. Genius.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    I decided it was time to build one of these. The bolts are 6x75mm, 6mm washers, loc nuts and yes those are old drive cups as spacers.
    Now there's a great idea....

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I've been wanting to do that....

are you running one stock servo?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanderson1 View Post
    Did the brass insert mod to solve the wheel wobble problem
    what is this mod?

yep, no problem with turns. the same one servo when it was a nitro.
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    are you running one stock servo?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    what is this mod?
    I purchased these brass inserts from mcmaster-carr. http://www.mcmaster.com/#94510a045/=g83c1j
    Then I threaded them onto a stub axle I had removed from the stock drive shafts and inserted the stub axle into my drill press. With the drill press on the slowest setting I took a metal file to the brass inserts, cutting them down to approximately 6mm in diameter.

Next you take a 6mm drill bit and bore out the stock aluminum 17mm wheel hexes so that they are 6mm all the way through. Next, you thread the brass inserts onto the axles on your truck. Push the wheel hexes on over the inserts, screw in the pin and you're good to go! No more wheel wobble!

Not my idea...I saw it in a thread a while back. It's a pretty sweet mod though! The bag of inserts from mcmaster has 25 of them in there. I filed down about half of them so I'll have extras.

The brass insert is only pushed in about half way in this picture...

RC Qualifier
    i was wondering what it would take to fix that! thanks for sharing your find.

RC Qualifier
    No problem. Haha, I just noticed in my pic that I have the insert going into the wrong side of the hex.... I don't think I had bored out the other side yet. Oops!

RC Racer
    Ordered new front and rear bumpers (aluminum), got my paint in and finished prepping my clear slipstream body for paint, fixed the wheel alignment and called castle to find out when the heck my motor and esc will be in!?!?

decided to do the rear brace mod.

and front brace....looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    I waterproofed my esc. I decided it was about time since its been raining every other day here.

When i took the esc apart and found way too much dust and debris on the esc board. It was so much that i needed to clean it with compresses air.

When i got it clean enough i tested it again and it worked fine. Then i started applying some liquid tape. By far the hardest place to apply it is behind/under the capacitors. The only way i could get in there was via a razor blade and gravity. Less is definitely more. A thin coat dries in about 5 minutes flat.

I also wanted to add...

If u dont balance your wheels, you are missing out. Thats probably been most of the reason why i cant get ride a wheelie further than 20 ft. So far, my wheels are vibration free running upside down in the living room.
    Last edited by anr2442; 02-14-2012 at 07:51 PM.

RC Competitor
    Put on my outerwears last night took the truck out today and broke the wing mount cross thingy in the middle of the wing mount then ordered a new one

RC Racer
    Hey SSanderson you have any extras to send my way?! haha wouldnt mind having those around
    Last edited by Biggie7871; 02-14-2012 at 10:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie7871 View Post
    Hey SSanderson you have any extras to send my way?! haha wouldnt mind havent those around
    Haha, Pm sent.

RC Qualifier
    I also wanted to add...

If u dont balance your wheels, you are missing out. Thats probably been most of the reason why i cant get ride a wheelie further than 20 ft. So far, my wheels are vibration free running upside down in the living room.
    ^nice. balancing the wheels is one of the most important things on rc cars, especially on such big wheels. correct balancing means no vibrations at all to the car (while holding it in the air and throttling) and it has massive benefit on everything. accelerating, bashing, jumping, racing, maintenance you name it.

and imagine i asked for balancing material from one big shop here and he replied to me "oh these wheels dont need balancing so we dont have such materials". for the lolz. thats why i listen to noone but myself and this forum._

RC Champion
    Oh wow thats hilarious! These cars are so small that the laws physics dont apply. Lol

A couple of the road rage tires i have were so bad before balancing that they would litterally hop over 20 mph. They needed so much weight that i started using metal nuts with screws in them as weights. The clay wasnt dense enough...
    Last edited by anr2442; 02-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.

RC Champion
    So i discovered that I can easily see the leds lights through the black liquid tape. I really wasnt expecting to be able to so now im very happy.

RC Qualifier
    A couple of the road rage tires i have were so bad before balancing that they would litterally hop over 20 mph. They needed so much weight that i started using metal nuts with screws in them as weights. The clay wasnt dense enough...
    i had the exact same thing on my road rages and i used exactly the same balancing materials hahah

RC Qualifier
    So i discovered that I can easily see the leds lights through the black liquid tape. I really wasnt expecting to be able to so now im very happy.
    Im debating doing the liquid tape pita removing the Outerwears and reinstall it does keep things clean but any how you have a good pic of what it looks like now so I don't use to much as I often have a tendency to over do things
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Champion
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-proof-the-mmm

When u do itu need to plan on making 3 coats. The first coat is most important though since u want it thin!!! If u can see through it before its dried then it is perfect. Do not work under a fan, but do use an overhead fan for faster drying.

I did the bottom first coated twice and dried. Then sides, capacitors, and bullets all at once.

RC Champion
    After just running up and down the street on 4s the fan never cut on (<150*f) so it doesnt seem to cause any overheating or anything.
    I run 25/54 gearing with losi diffs ~ 21/54 on traxxas diffs.

RC Racer
    Finally got the ERBE GT going hit 57mph (very tiny wheels ) before the body wanted off!

RC Qualifier
    i rebuilt shocks with thicker oil, threw in a LT rocker set (stock TRX) and some Silver front and blue rear shocks... (LT manual suggested) changed gearing back to stock, and reset ESC back to stock. bought new rear bulkhead to replace Summit rear bulkhead and picked as much dirt as i could out of the tiny corners of the truck.... while i wait for the NiMh batteries to charge.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bflosti View Post
    Finally got the ERBE GT going hit 57mph (very tiny wheels ) before the body wanted off!

As borat said, "Very Nice"

RC Qualifier
    i ran mine LOL!
    I installed the wheelie bar and had to test it.. More so i needed a break and laugh from a long day...

RC Enthusiast
    Coverted to E-Slayer, ran for a short time this afternoon, but liking it so far, want to give the local dirt track a try! Going to dye the wheels black too, dont know what I was thinking doing them blue....

RC Racer
    ^ Might be easier to plastidip them! Just a suggestion

RC Champion
    Must say nice body Dadc14

RC Racer
    I just finished with my rear brace mod and changing the rear shock oil from 40w to 60w. Only thing is I don't know if I like it. It feels REALLY stiff but I do plan to use the 90% on pavement. Should I change the stock springs too? When I push the rear of the truck down it does not move at all! Does not recoil one bit....Any suggestions?!

RC Racer
    OH yea here is the pic of my rear brace mod