The story is cut out of face book, i didn't want to type it again, I wish you could see all the comments, brought me to tears. Got a video of the aftermath, I have a whole new respect for what you guys do, and found out what smoke inhalation feels like, my throat still feels like its full of razor blades. I hope this comes out.
Cut and paste from FB:
God and my parents were watching over me again tonight, we came up to the camper for the weekend and I picked up my new sled, brought it back here to install the GPS and my bags, I unloaded it and rode down to the office, saw a bunch of people out side by the rental rooms, so I pulled over there, one of the bunkhouses was fully engulfed in flames, it was spreading and getting ready to wipe out the whole place, a couple of dudes on sleds and I crashed the place with shovel and snow, I never thought I'd be running into a burning building tonight, the owner were in shock and you know me, I'll be dammed if I'm going to watch a place go up if I can do something to stop it and we did. The room is a total loss but we stopped the fire from getting into the ceiling, it was heading that way, we dragged all the stuff out of the room, the beds were on fire, I heard a broken pipe spraying water so I tried the shower valve and got flow, and bucketed the heck out of the flames heading up to the roof. By the grace of God we got it, by the time the FD got here it was all out. It's different up here compared to at home and we take it for granted that you all 911 and in anyplace in Dover they will be there in less than 4 or 5 minutes, it took over a half hour for them to get here. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, I'm Thanking God for keeping me safe and letting me help someone in need. I know Mom and Dad was with me. I did have some smoke inhalation and had to take O2. But it was all worth it to not see my friends place be totaled, the 2 young dudes on the sleds tried before I got there to knock it down but they got forced out and tried to shut the door and hoped it would die out but that wasn't happening, the beast was alive and wanting to take the whole place. I gave it a dose of what a Dover Boy can do when the chips are down and by the grace of God we did it. I have a new respect to what a fireman goes though when he enters a burning building, it's dark, you can't breath but it's you against the fire, tonight we won. Thanks Dad for giving me a pair of balls. I did just what you would have done. We don't stand and watch, we fight, till the end. Love you guys, and Thank You Dear Lord.
Rough weekend, but it was out by the time the Vol. FD got here, were in the middle of nowhere, that whole place in the video would have been gone. All started from a space heater on pipes below the bathroom where the water comes into the building, like I said man, total respect for what you do, Thank You.