RC poster

What's the best way to get the Glow Plug wire back on

OK just replaced my Blue Glow Plug wire as I have destroyed it overtime putting in on and off.

I used Long Nosed pillers to put in on and off -- never managed to snap it on with out these.

So does anyone have an neat tricks / tools etc to help stop destroying this Blue Wire again.

Cheers

RC Qualifier
    the best tool i can suggest is a seperate glow igniter.......never have to worry about the blue wire again. but you can also use electrical tape to protect it or heat shrink........

RC Enthusiast
    i just wrap a small piece of cloth around the wire before i grip with the needle nose. once on i remove cloth. when i remove the plug i wrap small pieces of cloth around the needle nose tips.

you can also place some zip ties on the glow wire, towards the top of the black part then grip there with the pliers. this works well too

RC Champion
    I use fuel tubing, slice them at the side and put them on the blue wire, then I cover it with heat shrink tubing... they are now stiff enough for me to put on with my fingers, and fuel tubing will provide protection too.

RC Competitor
    I just push it down with my finger, not too tight. Never broke one. Also I pass it under the head protector, that way the wire doesn't get cut during turnovers.
    Ferrinho
    Revo 3.3 2008 - DX3R - Telemetry System

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroxda
    I use fuel tubing, slice them at the side and put them on the blue wire, then I cover it with heat shrink tubing... they are now stiff enough for me to put on with my fingers, and fuel tubing will provide protection too.
    That is a heck of a good idea!!

RC Racer
    I concur. I'm doing that.
    Drive it like you stole it.
    REVO 3.3 w/ Resonator Pipe, RPM Arms, JDCarbon Pushrods, Turnbuckles, and Hinge Pins, Tekno Wing Mount, Proline Wing, RD Logics Body Mounts, Crowd Pleazer 2.0 Body, Blue/Silve Springs with 50 wt oil, and Maxx tires and rims.

RC Competitor
    Top Tip!

Now where is that tubing...
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 10-02-2006 at 12:58 PM.
    Revo 3.3, Center Diff, Rear brake, Single Servo, RPM Arms, Spektrum. 50/300/30.

RC Qualifier
    i just put 2 layers of shrink wrap....and use needlenose plyers....works great for me

RC Racer
    Hi all,
    Can someone put some pictures for us to have an ideia of what are you doing to solve this ?

Sorry for my bad english.

RC Competitor
    the fuel line that we use on the truck?
    My revo's accident prone...

RC Enthusiast
    Buy 1/4" shrink wrap tubing and cut about a 1 1/2" piece of the fuel line. Cut down the side of the fuel line and wrap it around the blue wire. Put the shrink tubing over that and heat. Add another layer if necessary