Thread: Range

RC Competitor

Range

I just tested a little FPV with my Merv and I found the range for controlling the car wasn't exactly stellar. Do other people find limited range with the Traxxas Radio? Is it wise to get another Rx/Tx?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah we noticed that on our first rc the stampede now have a Spectrum transmitter and their receivers in all of models other day so ran his e revo across a foot ball field all the way half way across the other joining field before it stopped I was amazed had to walk turn off then back on to get reception its the Dx3r but his cheaper Dx2s has awesome range also
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Competitor
    I've been thinking about getting the FS-GT3B but I don't know what to expect from the range.

RC Qualifier
    Range is fantastic for mine... no problems

RC Champion
    I all depends on the area you are in as well, if there is a lot of noise, how the antenna is mounted on the car etc...

I lost range once at 15 feet! The car stopped responding, and then TOOK OFF in to the ****ed wall. This was when the tx batteries were almost dead and I was in a very "noisy" area. I took it home - countryside - and it went 100+ feet with the same batteries.

Now I have a DX3E and I haven't found it's range limit yet, HOWEVER I'm afraid to get too far away in case it decides to just take off at full speed again!!

I think that GT3B is awesome, seems like a large screen like that would hurt the batteries. How the heck is it SO cheap though!?!?

big squid rc has done a transmitter shootout, might look into that, it actually said the spektrums had the worst range

traxxas fell in the middle

RC Racer
    cant say ive had an issue with my standard rx/tx yet but being a basher its not a good idea to be too far away as further to jog when it flips off a jump/kirb/dog

RC Champion
    Everywhere I go I see Spektrum banners and all kinds of advertising, all the hobby shops rave about them, so I figured "might as well get the best!" Got home and saw that shoot out hahah, ah well. With a MINI it's not so bad, you lose sight of it 50% faster than an ERBE! ... at least that's what I tell myself.

in that shoot out, i think they do mention it as being a great radio, just it happens to not have such good range.....

oh well..... everything has its own achilles heel

RC Competitor
    I guess I'm looking for something with as long range as posible because I'm doing FPV. I thought about droping my Optima Rx in the car and using my Aurora 9. I know the Aurora 9 has great range as I've taken my plan pretty far.