RC poster

Charger Question?

I am new to this forum and new to rc's. I just bought a brushed E-Maxx with the intention of upgrading to brushless. I just recently purchased 2 Traxxas EZ Peak 6 amp chargers. My original thought was to have 2 6 amp chargers for lipo's. I think I heard somewhere if you are charging two batteries from this charger you only are pushing 3 amps to each battery. Do I really need 2 6 amp chargers or will one of them be sufficient? I feel like I could use the money towards other upgrades. Any help is appreciated.

not sure about the 3amps when charging 2 batteries but you should be able to do with just 1 charger, you will be able to 2 batteries as you know with the 1 charger. if you keep both then you could charge 1 battery on 1 charger at 6amps and then the other. there is the 206b I charger but needs a power supply with it but can charge at 20amps and then you can get a parallel charge board to charge 2 batteries at up to 10amps each. i personally would take one charger back and keep one or upgrade to the I charger to charge at higher amps. hope it helps.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by bked View Post
    I am new to this forum and new to rc's. I just bought a brushed E-Maxx with the intention of upgrading to brushless. I just recently purchased 2 Traxxas EZ Peak 6 amp chargers. My original thought was to have 2 6 amp chargers for lipo's. I think I heard somewhere if you are charging two batteries from this charger you only are pushing 3 amps to each battery. Do I really need 2 6 amp chargers or will one of them be sufficient? I feel like I could use the money towards other upgrades. Any help is appreciated.
    If you parallel charge two battery packs with one EZ Peak Plus charger, the capacity of each pack is added together. Two 2S (or 3S) 6,000 mAH packs are seen as one 2S (or 3S) 12,000 mAH pack. Therefore, you've just gone from a 1C charge rate (6A for a 6AH pack) to a C charge rate (6A for a 12AH pack.) The 2S pack will require about 50 Watts (or 76 Watts for 3S), within the charger's 80-Watt maximum

If you series charge two battery packs with one EZ Peak Plus charger, the voltage of each pack is added together. Two 2S (or 3S) 6,000 mAH packs are seen as one 4S (or 6S) 6,000 mAH pack. The 4S pack will only reach about 4.8 Amps (and the 6S about 3.2 Amps) at maximum voltage due to the charger's 80-Watt limit.

It looks like the dual charging adapters from Traxxas are the series type. The pictured one is a (2x 2S) to 4S adapter judging by the number of pins shown on the tap terminals.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Which is better: For a car using only 1 battery but wanting to charge 2 batteries just for saving time, series or parallel charging?
    Ever Evolving Rustler