RC Qualifier

Action shots today

We almost have truck setup the way we want it new body smaller tires next to work on the shock oils and spring combo bottoms out real bad hardly any rebound

ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Close up of the body paint shade from purple to green depending on the sunlight cut all the Windows out last night put screen mesh in them keeps temps down works really well

RC Racer
    What body is that?

RC Qualifier
    Proline bulldog for the Losi 8ight truggy designed to take a serious beating

RC Competitor
    What modifications, if any, we're required to get the Bulldog to fit the ERBE?

I REALLY like the looks of that body.

RC Qualifier
    I had to raise the front and rear body post up one hole so the truck bed will clear the motor also don't cut by any of the lines on the rear of the bed it had to be left for length just pre trim the molding in the front to fit up close to bumper you will see better what im talking about once you have the body in your hands...its really easy to fit also have to ream a hole for antenna

RC Competitor
    Interesting design. Kinda reminds me of what it would look like if a Top Kick and an El Camino had an offspring...

RC Qualifier
    Just realized that the turn buckle on the right frnt is bent looking at Traxxas part # 5338A shows they fit all revo models and are 128mm long before I order can any one confirm these will work

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewers74 View Post
    Just realized that the turn buckle on the right frnt is bent looking at Traxxas part # 5338A shows they fit all revo models and are 128mm long before I order can any one confirm these will work
    Yeah, there are the red ones, black one and the stock silver ones, IIRC.

They are interchangeable with the rear ones....meaning: there are no 'front specific' ones.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks just wasn't sure if the length was correct because of the way the pushrods have to be correct length to match which ever rockers that you use which brings up the next question what rockers would be best to use to archive lower center of gravity

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good lookin truck dude, looks like a fun place to drive too.

RC poster
    ...which brings up the next question what rockers would be best to use to archive lower center of gravity
    Judging by your pics, I'm not sure making the truck lower is going to gain you a lot, as your opening post says you are already bottoming out a lot. If you lessen the travel, and make up for that with stiffer springs and/or shock oil, it would seem that path is more in line with a driving style not made up of 6' or greater height air on the jumps, like more on-road. Something has to absorb all of the energy from those jumps, and if you shorten and stiffen the stroke, you just transfer more energy to other suspension/mounts.

i love the bulldog bodies. This one which ended up on my xt8e was bought to use on my ERBE before i decided to sell it.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Thank guys for the in put we were down at a buddys girlfriends house in the back ground that is a old mobile home they are tearing a part most of the time the jumps will have a better landing spot such as a down ward second mound of dirt.
    I wasnt really happy with jumping it on to flat ground but my son made the call.
    I'm trying to incorporate a more track friendly set up to practice with my son on the track ill be using truggy wheel & tire stiffer springs thicker shock oil I have the sway bars already any in put from you would be great for instance those of you that mess around on tracks that have moderate jumps and tight turns

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    i love the bulldog bodies. This one which ended up on my xt8e was bought to use on my ERBE before i decided to sell it.
    It's that body mounted on a erevo if so how did you get it to mount so low and do you have pics

It's that body mounted on a erevo if so how did you get it to mount so low and do you have pics
    Judging by the lack of battery bay doors and what I think is a servo saver spring seen through the front wheelwell, it's his Xray XT8E.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

heh i thought i had worded that properly. guess not. No it is on my xt8e.

Never did mock it up on the ERBE before i sold the truck. definitely wouldn't have sat that low without taking a big ole chunk out of the shell. im also not positive the d8 bulldog (thats what mine is) was wide enough for the ERBE. you for sure need the losi truggy bulldog for the bit of extra width.
    Last edited by Cameron; 01-30-2012 at 11:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Reading comprehension skills suck after dark besides on my phone to top it off after closely reading you post I see what you were saying again suspension set up to keep me not erratically bouncing off the track would be appreciated

i never did find a setup that eliminated slapping the rear skid plate on anything. i tried going super stiff springs and pulling the pushrods in all the way and it would still bottom out. tried that on the revo, the revo conversion and the erbe.
    from out on the field to on the table it just wouldn't not bottom out. its weird too, since given the fact my AE buggy and xt8e have relatively soft suspension setups and i can literally toss them and they do not bottom out on landing.
    tried the same logic by softening up the ERevo and it just sagged. Im in the same boat as you trying to figure out how to stop it from slapping down.

RC Qualifier
    Would stiffer springs and thicker shock oil work make its in the rockers shorter I have 3 sets of them they included in the purchase I have the stock ones on now I'm almost sure the long travel ones are not useful in what I'm trying to achive.
    The real problem i have is the lack of rebound it has virtually none now push down on it now it just looks at me and does nothing that makes me think the shock oil is very thin ! Am I wrong ?

RC Competitor
    Forgive me if i am wrong, but i believe you need to add some preload to the shocks the oil should just be dampening/slowing down suspension action so either add some preload or stiffer springs

with preload you will still bottom on a landing. it is suppposed to help with rebound IIRC.

the laydown pushrod suspension on the Revo platform is very cool, it is just not as effective as the stand up for absorbing the impact. too many moving parts. at the end of the day it works, its just almost as if it doesnt work fast enough though, if you know what i mean. its tough to stop the trucks from slapping on the landings.

to be perfectly honest with my revos in the past rebound has always been very little.

RC Qualifier
    Going back to some 2009 post/threads I found some info from guys racing against truggys most say its rough simply because of the weight just to darn heavy to be competitive you have to be a really good driver...some tips I read are as follows
    Here you go - Real Racing set-up by Steve Slayden!

• Camber: -2.5deg • Caster: 4 clips forward • Toe: 1.0deg OUT • Roll center: upper location • Sway bar: 5mm from top • Rockers: P2 • Pushrod location: middle • Pistons: #2 • Oil: 55wt (hot weather), 45wt (cold weather) • Springs: white

Rear • Camber: -3.0deg • Toe: 2.5deg • Wheelbase: +19mm (max) • Roll center: upper location • Sway bar: Fixed (stock sway bar) • Rockers: P2 • Pushrod location: middle • Pistons: #2 • Oil: 55wt (hot weather), 45wt (cold weather) • Springs: Green

• Gearing: 18/62 • Diffs: 30K/500K/10K (front/center/rear)

- Response Pro wheels and tires - Mamba Max Monster motor/ ESC - 4S Lipo, (Maxamps 2S 8000 packs in series)

- ride height: front: shafts level /Rear: shafts just above level.