Thread: Motor just died

RC Qualifier

Motor just died

...I think. I had a 775 and now it won't go. I cleaned it and got a bit of juice, but shortly after nothing.

I know the dewalt is the most recommended replacements. I see that kershawdesigns is selling them now on their site. just curious if anyone has bought from them and if it is worth the 80$ price tag. Or is another 40$ 775 the way to go? Thx

RC Competitor
    The 775 is a pretty durable motor when it comes to comparing it to the 550s, but alot of people prefer the Dewalts due to being rebuildable. Kershaw Designs makes a few different motor options for the emaxx, summit and erevo for staying brushed. And a few for brushless as well. Just comes down to what you want to do. Run a single motor or a double set-up. Ebay also is a good place to find the Dewalt motors if you want to mod them yourself to install in your truck. The thing about gettin them from Dan is they are pre set-up for ya..with connectors and all that. And im sure if one died early he would make good on it.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I just got my tax return so I'm gonna try the dual dewalts. Ill let you know how they work out