Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Wink Team-RCE LCG Carbon Fiber Chassis

Got it Tuesday, just wanted to post some pics. Used Shark413's (RCShortCourse) idea about using Tekno V3 mudguards. Drilling the 4 holes though the carbon fiber was really easy & smooth using my dremel. By drilling 2 more holes, you can use the stock nerf bars. Overall the chassis assembled easily, and was designed wonderfully. Great job TRCE!

Ordered it: 1/20
    Shipped: 1/22
    Delivered: 1/24

Feel free to ask any questions!

RC Competitor
    Looks good! I just got mine last Monday. Can't wait to get mine to the track to see how it handles. I am ordering the SC104x4 shocks next week so I'm hoping they'll help out with some rear bottoming out issues I experienced doing some minor jumps around my yard today.

RC Competitor
    Oh yeah, meant to ask...are you going to lower your body (cut the mounts)? I'm thinking about it...but am kind of on the fence about it. I don't really mind the chassis sitting (being visible) below the body.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I was thinking about getting some new shocks too. As far as the body posts, I was going to try and cut down the stock ones because I use RPM. I'll let you know how it works out. Or, JConcpets has low prof. metal body posts, but they add un-needed weight and cost $13

RC Competitor
    I'm running RPM mounts too...I'll look into those posts. Not too crazy about cutting the RPM ones! Thanks for the tip.

RC Qualifier
    Very cool. How does it handle?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Thanks, but I've only driven it in the driveway. Going to the track later, and I'll let you know how it works out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Drove it yesterday. One word: AMAZING! In the hands it feels heavy, but on the track it flys like a bird! Didn't traction role once! I thought the open drive gears would be loud, but they're actually quiter than the stock enclosed casing. I couldn't ask for anything more, I recommend highly with 5 stars!

RC Racer
    Hey CyconXc what would you say is the difference in ground clearance between the stock and carbon fiber chassis.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Drove it yesterday. One word: AMAZING! In the hands it feels heavy, but on the track it flys like a bird! Didn't traction role once! I thought the open drive gears would be loud, but they're actually quiter than the stock enclosed casing. I couldn't ask for anything more, I recommend highly with 5 stars!
    Your review is in line with the other's I've seen. Mine is back on the shelf waiting for new shocks to arrive (SC10 4x4 shocks). Now I really can't wait to get this thing out to a track!

RC Competitor
    Here's a few pics of mine. Since taking these pics I've removed the pro-line powerstrokes and the badlands (put my Calibers back on).

I'll also be rotating the motor to get the wires up and away from the side.

RC Champion
    I love this chassis! I'm going to get another one for my wife's slash! are you going to counter sink those holes for the mud guards?

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Yah I love it too! I countersunk the hole, but I just did it enough to be even with the chassis protector.

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't seen the side pieces - mud guards ? - in any pictures prior to these. Do they come with the Kit from TRCE? or are they a RPM or ? addon?
    I was looking at a Slice 4X or cloning a Slice with some ideas of my own but each time I look at these I can't help but say WOW!

RC Champion
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Yah he's right. I ordered them before my chassis arrived. For racing, GET THIS CHASSIS. Bye-pass all the rest, and just get this! You won't regret it.

RC Racer
    Would the mamba monster 2650 fit?

RC Qualifier
    I just don't understand/know enough about these lcg's to see all the hype. I have my slash tuned(granted it took some time) and I am qualifying 2nd for the A-mains. It sticks everywhere, and there is only one truck that has a faster lap time than me and he has a ten scte. And it's only 0.15sec faster. Yea it takes a little work and knowledge, but considering how much $$$$$$ these lcg chassis's are, they are not worth it in my personal opinion. Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not saying they are pointless or anything like that. Just making an observation. Perhaps someone can give me some more info on why everyone thinks they need them?
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spartandeadinwater138 View Post
    I just don't understand/know enough about these lcg's to see all the hype. I have my slash tuned(granted it took some time) and I am qualifying 2nd for the A-mains. It sticks everywhere, and there is only one truck that has a faster lap time than me and he has a ten scte. And it's only 0.15sec faster. Yea it takes a little work and knowledge, but considering how much $$$$$$ these lcg chassis's are, they are not worth it in my personal opinion. Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not saying they are pointless or anything like that. Just making an observation. Perhaps someone can give me some more info on why everyone thinks they need them?
    I agree, my slash 4x4 does just as good as all the losi 4x4s at the track.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spartandeadinwater138 View Post
    I completely understand what you're saying. With my tuned stock setup, I was all kinds of brushless 4x4 and 2wds. Everything was good until the motor kept getting loose! It would get very loud and cause me to strip spur gears. Then I got tired of that and allso corner rolling at mid-speed, so I just wanted to fix these issues at the same time. I could of just bought a new motor mount, but I was already considerig a new chassis. To me, if you're a good enough driver you can make anything work, but for me at the moment, I just needed something consistent.

RC Qualifier
    Showing the damage to the protector after 2 weeks on my local wood and carpet track.

RC Racer
    Did you guy's order these off of their site, or somewhere else? They are out of stock on t-rce at the moment.

RC Enthusiast
    Go with the SSC LCG instead it's a far better design and is an amazing race machine to use. The steering is amazing, handling is top notch, and there is no sacrifice of suspension travel like the rce.

RC Racer
    The t-rce chassis limits suspension travel?

RC Qualifier
    I ordered mine a month ago, they might be out of stock now. Stay updated on their website or email T-RCE to ask when they'll re-stock.

No I pretty sure it doesn't. The rear bulkhead and a-arms are slightly tilted back, setting that travel back to the stock amount. Don't quote me on this, I wouldn't know unless I measured it before the install.

Either way, it drops the weight down where it's needed. It still handles amazing, even if it does loose travel.

RC Qualifier
    Ok What is everyone's feed back on which LCG chassis would hold up better with Bashing
    The SSC or The T RCE or is this type of chassis is not recommend for basher. Been back and
    Forth on which one to get.
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Qualifier
    For straight up bashing, I would reccomend the SSC. Only for the fact that it's made of aluminum... Both are for racing, but the T-RCE is nicest looking, and the best performing as a race truck.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i agree the carbon fiber looks so sweet that's why i was so torn between the two chassis they are both my favorite
    Materials aluminum & carbon fiber you can't go wrong to bad i can't have both in one package that would be sweet.
    Thanks for the advise...
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Qualifier
    Changed back the springs and added the hpi orange thread spacers/washers. Also upgraded my servo to a
    Hi-Tec HS-654 MG.

RC Enthusiast
    No!........... TRCE chassis does not limit suspension travel.

RC Qualifier
    Ok good, that's what I thought.

RC Enthusiast
    Another big advantage of the SSC is the built in heat sink for the motor and use of the aluminum chassis to disperse the heat too. Especially helpful when running the large scale motors for bashing or racing if you like huge power. Myself a 550 can motor is plenty for racing and stays cool as can be even under hard driving. The strength of the SSC is top notch and handles the most brutal bashing sessions. On the track it puts all the other brands in there place, behind you!

RC Racer
    ^^^^ Troll much? Flamer.

RC Qualifier
    Haha lol. He's just joking, but this chassis would out perform the SSC any day At the indoor track I race at, I wouldn't want a heavier truck anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Some pics after my first Saturday of outdoor racing. Took 5th in the A-Main, not bad for my first time out huh?

By cyconxc at 2012-04-10

RC Champion
    I hope you dump those venom adapter plugs they are garbage. stick with deans they are the best out there.

And man i want one of these
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    Yah that was my old battery, those connectors sucked... My new Gens Aces have deans

RC Qualifier
    Recently got some Losi Eclipse mounted tires and I painted the bead-locks to match my new body I designed

Deisgned on Microsoft Powerpoint using the free-shape tools. JConcepts Raptor X-Flow

Also painted my Mini Slash body to match it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Haha lol. He's just joking, but this chassis would out perform the SSC any day At the indoor track I race at, I wouldn't want a heavier truck anyway.
    Can you prove this statement?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    how do you like those a arms i was thinking about a set but dont know if they are worth the dine
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I love this chassis! I'm going to get another one for my wife's slash! are you going to counter sink those holes for the mud guards?