RC Qualifier

Tire and Wheel Info

I want to put some different tires and wheels on my slash and if I am gonna spend the money I want to go a bit bigger.

If I go with 1/8 buggy wheels what tires should I get. I need just some all round good traction tires. I backyard bash with some pavement speed runs.

If I go with some MT's like PRO116013 40 Series Trencher Tire w/Tech 5 (17mm) do I just need the wheel adapter kit for them to fit or will I need other parts?

RC Champion
    Well to start with 1/8 buggy wheels are pretty much the same size as stock, they have 17mm hexes. The benefit to installing 17mm adapters is the extra wheel selection.

If you go with the MT wheels you listed you will also need the 17mm adapters since as you posted they have 17mm hexes. Also those are big wheels, they will be hard on your servo, motor and ESC. I would suggest a 2.8" wheels (Stampede, Rustler size).

RC Champion
    The 2.8 size rim with appropriate trencher's would be a sweet all around basher light street tire.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    So the 2.8 rims will work with just the 17mm adapters?

RC Champion
    Depends which 2.8" wheels you choose some are 12mm hex some are other sizes, just be sure you get the ones you want.

RC Qualifier
    Went to my lhs today and looked at some wheels and tires. Ya the 2.8s are as big as I would want to go anyhow so looks like thats what I will do. The tires seem really big when looking at them unmounted.
    I was looking at the All-Stars....do those come in 12mm and 17? I got distracted by the XO-1 someone brought in and forgot to check.

RC Champion
    Mine are 12mm

RC Enthusiast
    I have a set of Stampede wheels with ProLine Badlands tires. They look really cool but a fair bit needs to be chopped out of wheel openings to give clearance.
    1 suggestion is to watch motor temps. I ran my 3s and these wheels and came off track at 248 degrees motor temp!
    Best part of the Stampede wheels is that they are 12 mm so you don't need to spend $ on
    adapters on
    Here is a pic
    Last edited by GiMLit; 01-29-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: another pic

RC Qualifier
    Ahh sweet thx for the info and I like the look...think i will go with trenchers with what I run but I like the look of the badlands.
    Ya I will definately watch temps for a while...I will soon be going with either the mmp/2400 or the mmm/2200 so I won't have to worry as much.