RC poster

LVC recommendations - LiPo help

Hey guys, new to the hobby & semi new to the forums. Ive read alot lately regarding my 3903 emaxx but need quick help or advice.

End goal is to slowly upgrade to BL. i am going to get everything truck wise and batterywise before i buy the BL system. My used Nimh's that came with the truck are nearing their last leg so i cant decide if i should buy some new Nimh or jsut put the money towards Lipo and charger since i will be BL before the end of summer.

I read that i need a LVC (low voltage cutoff) for my emaxx to run Lipos. Can you briefly explain why? any recommendations or links to what i will need to install on my truck?

Any further description (or link to another thread) on how to wire it in correctly?

Stock 3903 Emaxx.

Thanks, and yes ive searched and read the other related threads. im mostly looking for product links or recommendations for an LVC.
    Last edited by stlcard87; 01-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.

RC Racer
    This should answer your question:

http://robotwars.00server.com/tutorials.html

RC Qualifier
    Having a LVC is a plus, not a must. Reason you may want one is that LiPo's can not be over discharged (less than 3V/cell) and a LVC will avoid that. I run LiPo's without LVC for a long time now and I know the time to stop. Depending on the Batt I am running I can go 20 or 25 minutes and still have 3.6 ~ 3.8V which is pretty safe. Then I stop and replace the batts.
    If you want to use one it is recommended but not mandatory. Also, I am not sure if there are waterproof LVC's out there. Maybe there are but keep that in mind when you get one.
    Not enough space here

RC Racer
    You can find them on e to the bay for less than $10. I have one that is an alarm. Can hear it from pretty far a way. I would recommed one. 10 buck for a LVC or 50+ for a new battery? easy decision if you ask me. Wiring is pretty simple as well. I have a diagram I will dig up if you cant find anything on here. I know there is one but just being able to find it may be difficult. How ever, google is a very powerful tool when it comes to stuff like this.

Found somehting. Try this on...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...iring-Diagram)
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-30-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: post merge
    If its under control, your not going fast enough!

RC poster
    Thanks guys, i found an alarm i will use. Its a much simpler concept than i first thought. Almost so that i feel dumb for asking now. ha.

RC Racer
    You are not the first nor the last person to ask. I was one of them. Thats what the forums are for.
    If its under control, your not going fast enough!