RC Racer

Best body pins??

Loooking for the best lasting body pins I can find. Traxxas are ok. I just got some new Proline ones with pro pulls, clipped them on and was too scared to take it out with them on, as they were so loose, i knew they would all come off first roll, Venom ones suck. I bought a second pede off fleabay, and it had the best body clips I have ever seen, but only 3. They are a touch larger than the Traxxas ones, and black. Anybody have any idea what they might be? Or suggest a decent body pin brand? Thanks

RC Competitor
    I have had good luch with Dubro Body Klip Retainers Black.. search towerhobbies # LXFPV9

I have some Proline ones, and they are opposite. They are big and way tight. And thats without even having a washer, or cushion washer. Mine came in a large bag, without the pulls. Think they may be bigger than the ones that u got. Pretty sure of it.

if u get to much room, Get some racers edge foam washers. They go under the body against the post, they help cushion the body, keep the paint around from rubbing off from the post's fricton, and will fix ur issue. I am about to try out some small black pins from Axial (i believe)

RC Racer
    The traxxas clips work better if you put a plastic spacer underneith. It saves the body from cracking when crashing. I cant even remember the last time ive lost a body clip.
    Stampede VXL, Stampede 4x4, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 86pagt View Post
    I have had good luch with Dubro Body Klip Retainers Black.. search towerhobbies # LXFPV9
    Those are great. My post has a hole and when the clip comes out it is held securely by that.
    Sent from chubaka's LG using Tapatalk
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Enthusiast
    I use the black ones from HPI, they are a bit larger than the Stampede clips and stay on fairly well. I rarely loose one.

RC Champion
    I never used to use anything but my bodies wouldn't last more than 3-4 packs until I couldn't even clip the body on anymore and had to tape them up and glue etc...

I just use regular traxxas pins with traxxas foam washers underneath and on top of the body now and it seems to help. I used to use the Dubro retainers but they are next to useless in impacts and are pretty much only there for when you remove them from the truck and makes them easier to find/see on the ground.

Not sure if you can tell in the pic, that's where I placed them on the body on top, also have them under the body and they hold up fairly well. Might have to replace the odd one here and there. You could always do the same as well with the plastic washers traxxas provides, glue them to your posts for added support and also put a foam washer on top of it, this will make it also so you don't lose as many clips as everything will be nice and tight.

R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    The best ones I've used are the joes quality goods self locking rc body clips. You'll have a hard time losing any of these clips, unless you're like me and set them down after taking off the body and forget where you left em. I find body clips in the weirdest places in my house. Lol. But at least I never lose em while bashing!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-RC-BODY-C...item4aae2545cd

I also like the Brp locking body clips. I bought a bag of 25 over the summer and have bent a few, but haven't lost one yet. But they do stick up a bit and tend to get bent.

I got them off eBay, but if you decide to try them, just make sure that you get the 1:10 scale ones part #5290. Dont get The brp524 type cuz they are for 1:18th scale.

Ive found that a lot of the time, losing body clips is cause by the body you are running. Some bodies just seem to eject the body clips instantly. Ask anyone who runs the grave digger body how many regular clips they go through. Before I found the locking clips I used run my digger body with key rings on the back posts, otherwise I'd go through 8 or 10 regular clips in one bashing session. The digger body is what I use the Brp clips for cuz they stick up and save some wear and tear on the posts. One high speed asphalt lid skid with the digger using stock clips and the rear posts wear off completely!

One trick I used to use, was to take some needle nosed pliers and bend the end of the straight part of the regular clips. This makes it hard to push through the post hole, in turn making them harder to fall out.
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 01-27-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I believe the ones you received and the ones that I use are Hpi savage body clips. They are black, and a little larger than the trx. Works the best I ever had. They dont fall out period. I think it was $4 for 20 at Hobbytown.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Never found better than McMaster PN 98335A039, Zinc-Plated Steel Hairpin Cotter Pin Fits 1/4" to 5/16" Shaft Dia Range, 1-1/8" L O'all. I don't sweat losing them, because they're $5.42 for a pack of 100. I bought a bag in December of 2010, and still have half the bag. I'm pretty sure it's where ProLine gets their "HD" bodyclips. Only these are a good bit cheaper.

RC Racer
    Yep, the HPI savage ones look about right. I will grab some of them and see how I go with them. If not I will grab some of those BRP locking ones. Thanks everybody.