RC poster

Mip shafts. Has any body stripped diff gears?

Was thinking upgrading MIPS on my slash 4x4 running 3s really rips axles apart when you bash. But don't want to strip diff gears. I've heard of some ruining hexes but I have aluminum. But I've also heard of wheels stripping. Let me know

RC Racer
    Mips x dutys are great, there strong and i havent heard anybody breaking them. Do u have ur slipper tight? About stripping hexes, i stripped mine on 3s. Stock axles have thread lock on them and the mips dont. Thats was my mistake cause i stripped the hexes and my brand new bead locks. Now i allways put on thread lock. Honestly i like them but i think they put more stress on my rear diff. I wanna try out tekno. I only heard great reviews about them and they stand by there product.

RC Champion
    I had mips but have switched to Tekno after breaking both front axles on the same day.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-26-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

I have the Mip X-Duty axles. I have had them for a year now. It doesn't put any stress on the diff gears. I have stripped wheel hexs before I had the Mip's so I was stripping them after I had them also lol. I have aluminum hexs and aluminum rear wheels! No more stripping
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have the Mip X-Duty axles. I have had them for a year now. It doesn't put any stress on the diff gears. I have stripped wheel hexs before I had the Mip's so I was stripping them after I had them also lol. I have aluminum hexs and aluminum rear wheels! No more stripping
    What wheels are you running now? Inquiring minds want to know. Pics, Pics, Pics,
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Same here, only issue was a stripped hex, replaced with aluminum ones, and no more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    What wheels are you running now? Inquiring minds want to know. Pics, Pics, Pics,

Here you go! Pics you want! Pics you get!!!!!
    Last edited by El Sob; 01-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I had mips but have switched to Tekno after breaking both front axles on the same day.
    What did u do to break them?? Did u hit anything?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-26-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    i broke a front axle just like that in the same spot, mine broke landing from a jump at a small bmx track but im guessing it got weakened from all the previous tumbles and cartwheels it took.

im strictly a basher and it probably took 10-12 runs to break so i ordered 4 front and 2 rear axles. this is my idea, im taking 2 of the front axles to a buddies shop and im gonna heat treat them at about 2,000*F and see if they last longer. im putting one heat treated front axle on one side and the normal one on the other. i guess only time will tell

RC Champion
    Pretty sure the MIP xduty's are already heat treated.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda Dank View Post
    i broke a front axle just like that in the same spot, mine broke landing from a jump at a small bmx track but im guessing it got weakened from all the previous tumbles and cartwheels it took.

im strictly a basher and it probably took 10-12 runs to break so i ordered 4 front and 2 rear axles. this is my idea, im taking 2 of the front axles to a buddies shop and im gonna heat treat them at about 2,000*F and see if they last longer. im putting one heat treated front axle on one side and the normal one on the other. i guess only time will tell
    Well i bash too on a not maintained track! I have broken parts all over that track but never broke my mips

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Pretty sure the MIP xduty's are already heat treated.
    well if they are they will get it again but at a higher temp

i'll call or email mip tomorrow and find out

Quote Originally Posted by Hollaitzwillie View Post
    Well i bash too on a not maintained track! I have broken parts all over that track but never broke my mips
    you're not bashing hard enough, i treat my car like the stuff it drives on - dirt -
    Last edited by Koda Dank; 01-27-2012 at 12:24 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollaitzwillie View Post
    What did u do to break them?? Did u hit anything?
    no just going around the track. My wife broke one of the rear mip axles yesterday in the same spot but she slid into a tree. I'm wandering if it has something to do with the aka wheel adapters? I went ahead and ordered the 17 mm adapter that were made for the mip axles and the replacement [arts for all three. I'm also going to send the broken pieces in so that I may have backups.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I'm wandering if it has something to do with the aka wheel adapters?
    its funny you said that mine broke on the first time out with the AKA's but its to soon to tell if thats the cause for me

RC poster
    Im surprised people are breaking their mip x duty I would think they would be pretty much bullet proof if installed correctly.

Mine have been bullet proof for a whole year!