RC Racer

Center driveshaft question

Just wondering how much the center driveshaft should be able to move front to back? It looks like the connectors at each end have 1/4" of spline exposed which allow the shaft to slide back and forth leaving very little engaged at times.

RC Racer
    mine does the same, i thinks its fine

RC Qualifier
    Slide the rear splined hub as far forward as you can while maintaining good contact with the slipper shaft. It will minimize the sliding and maximize spline engagement.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    Slide the rear splined hub as far forward as you can while maintaining good contact with the slipper shaft. It will minimize the sliding and maximize spline engagement.
    I do not recommend doing this! It makes it so the driveshaft wobbles. At high speeds it will throw your truck off. We talked about this maybe eighteen months ago! The driveshaft has a lot of play in it. If you hit anything at speed head on, it has less possibility of bending the driveshaft when the chassis flexes. If it were a tight fit, anytime you hit something head on you would have to replace your driveshaft.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM