RC Racer

slash 4x4 wire fan

I bought a castle motor and ecu for my slash.the ecu has a fan on it but I also have a fan for motor.does that get pluged into the traxxas receiver? it has the same style plug a the traxxas receiver has

RC Champion
    ecu?
    not knowing the fan you have or what esc you have....
    Sound like you should contact the manufacturer or shop the product you are using came from

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-SLASH#1 View Post
    ecu?
    not knowing the fan you have or what esc you have....
    Sound like you should contact the manufacturer or shop the product you are using came from
    I keep saying ecu I mean esc.the esc is castle the receiver is traxxas.I tried to call them but it was to late they were closed.I just thought I would ask here I figured it was something easy someone on here would know

RC Qualifier
    yes, the motor cooling fan plugs into the receiver

although I couldn't begin to tell you what port on the stock Traxxas receiver, as I've never owned nor used one all my stuff uses Spektrum

RC Racer
    yup thats the fan.I will call traxxas tomorrow and find out what port it is.thanks

RC Qualifier
    well I'm not so sure Traxxas will be of any help, since it's an aftermarket fan. what model receiver is it, the 2.4ghz or the 27mhz? I believe they both have a CH4/BATT plug (the upper-most one) and I'm pretty sure that's where it would plug in.

if the plug on the fan doesn't have the little alignment thing for the slot on the receiver, just be sure to get the orientation of the plug right; the black wire will be on the right and the red wire in the center

RC Racer
    I have called traxxas on some other stuff they were very helpfull.there is a spot on the reciever marked bat

RC Qualifier
    I'm 99% sure that's where it would plug into, if someone else can chime in and confirm that plug should have a constant voltage when the ESC is on

Batt is where mine has been for the last year. No problems, what so ever
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    well there you have it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
    I'm 99% sure that's where it would plug into, if someone else can chime in and confirm that plug should have a constant voltage when the ESC is on
    I approve.
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG

It's good to ask questions here first before you can into Traxxas. A good amount of time someone on the forum has had and fixed the problem that you are having. The truck had been out for awhile so the new people ger to reap the benefits from those of us who went through the early days of figuring things out. That is why I always say," We are here to help!"
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Mine is plugged into #5 as well.

RC Racer
    thanks all.I have been learning allot on this site

RC Qualifier
    You can plug accesories into any unused reciever port. The connectors have 3 wires, red which is +, black which is -, and white which is signal, as long as the white wire is disconnected, you can use the 6v red and black to power fans, lights or most anything else, you can even use y connectors for multiple things. You can also power most recievers from any plug, nitros usually have the reciever pack hooked through the battery lead, and electrics power the rx from the BEC through the throttle port, but any other port will do. Internally most recievers are simply wired in parallel for the red and black pins, you can see this by using an ohm meter on the black pins of any 2 ports, there will be practically no resistance. In fact because of this you can run more than 1 reciever pack as long as they are the same voltage. The only thing wire that is unique for each port is the signal wire, that sends each signal to servos or the ESC, but all the servos, RX itself, and accesories are powered parallel. In the case that you have to power a large accesory, like an onboard starter, then you are best off running it directly to a battery instead of sending all that load through the reciever.
    Last edited by alucard0822; 01-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I have both the Integy dual fan and the Castle fan havent had to hook niether one up
    yet no heat issues. But i just got some a XL tires that i know it going to add some heat
    which one do you guys think i should use?
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGE410 View Post
    I have both the Integy dual fan and the Castle fan havent had to hook niether one up
    yet no heat issues. But i just got some a XL tires that i know it going to add some heat
    which one do you guys think i should use?
    use whatever is already in your car, then change your gearing. switching to bigger tires requires compensation to keep your car running smooth and cool, a fan is the last thing you should worry about.
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG

RC Qualifier
    KOOL.. that makes sense
    Thanks Chub5.......
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
    You can plug accesories into any unused reciever port. The connectors have 3 wires, red which is +, black which is -, and white which is signal, as long as the white wire is disconnected, you can use the 6v red and black to power fans, lights or most anything else, you can even use y connectors for multiple things. You can also power most recievers from any plug, nitros usually have the reciever pack hooked through the battery lead, and electrics power the rx from the BEC through the throttle port, but any other port will do. Internally most recievers are simply wired in parallel for the red and black pins, you can see this by using an ohm meter on the black pins of any 2 ports, there will be practically no resistance. In fact because of this you can run more than 1 reciever pack as long as they are the same voltage. The only thing wire that is unique for each port is the signal wire, that sends each signal to servos or the ESC, but all the servos, RX itself, and accesories are powered parallel. In the case that you have to power a large accesory, like an onboard starter, then you are best off running it directly to a battery instead of sending all that load through the reciever.
    thanks that is very good to know