RC Racer

Servo Guard, Any One Use These?

One of these clear plexiglass guards arrived today. It seemed like a good idea when I ordered it. Does any one use one or something similar?

RC Qualifier
    if anything it looks like it might at least keep some of the crap from kicking up and getting into the drive shaft hole I've never had anything kick up and damage my steering/servo linkage there though

I actually might try to whip something up like that out of this thin aluminum sheet I have laying around

RC Competitor
    To me, it looks like it might just bankshot more stuff into the driveshaft hole. I'd be curious what changes you see.

I made one of those years ago! For on road it worked well. Off road, it trapped too many rocks against the steering linkage. I took it off not long after installing it.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grooviemann1 View Post
    To me, it looks like it might just bankshot more stuff into the driveshaft hole. I'd be curious what changes you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I made one of those years ago! For on road it worked well. Off road, it trapped too many rocks against the steering linkage. I took it off not long after installing it.
    That's what I was afraid of. That it would act as a shovel feeding debris into the drive shaft. Not sure I will use it.

RC Qualifier
    No issues with mine. I also painted it black to blend in a bit more plus you will also need to slightly trim it down if you intend on using it with an RPM front bumper. I ended up trimming both the servo guard and the bumper as doing just one would make the screw holes too close to the edge.

Slash 4x4
    Spartan
    Stampede
    Rustler x 3

RC Racer
    ^Good to know. Thanks.

RC Racer
    Mine works good too. If you purchase the T bone bumper it is flush, I actually think the t bone bumper is better then the rpm for bashing. Everything else on my truck is rpm tho.